PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia 0 - Me 1

Kixxi
08-22-2014, 07:28 AM
A small victory today. I got so fed up between these four walls, so I decided to head out for a little bit. Now people that know me, know that I get severe attacks along roads and around other people. Today I went out the front door and went for a walk accompanied by my cigarette. I voluntarily sat on the little bit off grass in the street and stayed there until I finished my smoke. I did feel anxious in the beginning, but after a while I felt so proud and accomplished. This is the start of saying goodbye to agoraphobia. I'll try going out as often as I can, since I am self-employed I am usually swamped with work, but I got a little bit of time today and decided to face this head on. The best thing is that I did it alone. Usually I always need my boyfriend because I loose balance with this anxiety. Now I did it all alone, I'm so chuffed! :)

superchick22684
08-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Kixxi,
I've found with anxiety that everything is baby steps. So glad that you had this small victory :) I've been trying to do that in my own life in the last couple of month but that has stalled recently. Reading this has motivated me to start getting back to doing that, so thank you. I've basically been trying to get rid of my phobias one by one. I had a few small victories a few months ago in regards to my fear of flying and heights but still harbor some fears. Thanks again :)

Kixxi
08-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Kixxi,
I've found with anxiety that everything is baby steps. So glad that you had this small victory :) I've been trying to do that in my own life in the last couple of month but that has stalled recently. Reading this has motivated me to start getting back to doing that, so thank you. I've basically been trying to get rid of my phobias one by one. I had a few small victories a few months ago in regards to my fear of flying and heights but still harbor some fears. Thanks again :)

I'm so glad this helped you. I know how hard and how overwhelming it all can be. I decided to no longer be pushed by expectations of others and just enjoy life. I really want to get over my agoraphobia, so I'm working to get over it. From your message I can see how much you want to conquer it to. I admire your courage and bravery. You should be aware of how brave you really are and how good you are doing at the moment. Baby steps is better than not moving at all! :)

superchick22684
08-23-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm so glad this helped you. I know how hard and how overwhelming it all can be. I decided to no longer be pushed by expectations of others and just enjoy life. I really want to get over my agoraphobia, so I'm working to get over it. From your message I can see how much you want to conquer it to. I admire your courage and bravery. You should be aware of how brave you really are and how good you are doing at the moment. Baby steps is better than not moving at all! :)

Thank you for the kind words :) It's hard to think of myself as being courageous and brave when anxiety is basically fueled by one's fears but I'll try. I just started taking meds again about four days ago so I'm hoping that will be one more tool in helping me eliminate some of my fears.

Kixxi
08-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Thank you for the kind words :) It's hard to think of myself as being courageous and brave when anxiety is basically fueled by one's fears but I'll try. I just started taking meds again about four days ago so I'm hoping that will be one more tool in helping me eliminate some of my fears.

That's the things you see. We don't realise just how brave we really are. People with anxiety disorders have been brave for to long. Suffering it for years without getting help. Don't ever forget just how brave you are, your courage is something most people wouldn't even be able to produce. This sense of pride helps me through the difficult times because it helps me realize that I'm not a failure or weak. And superchick, you will get better. All it will take is some time, patience and dedication :) And since you are here that is a sign of commitment. So a well done to you :)