PDA

View Full Version : gag reflex, nausea, lump in throat.... = anxiety??

Skizo
08-21-2014, 12:29 PM
I have some extreme symptoms that have lasted for days now, this includes a horrible feeling like I wanna gag all the time, and a little bit of nausea, but it doesn't feel like I wanna puke, just gag....
Also sometimes I have a lump in throat, hard to swallow, pressure in head and even ears pop when i try to swallow, etc...

These are really extreme symptoms and I really need to know if this is anxiety or not :/ I am suffering badly here.

needtogetwell
08-21-2014, 01:10 PM
To simply answer your question, yes, I believe they are all symptoms of anxiety.

As you probably know if you continue to focus on these sensations they are going to get worse.

Try to do whatever it is that calms you, and try to re-focus your attention on something else, anything else. I know it is hard to do, sometimes seemingly impossible, but the more you try the better you will be at finding relief.

I wish you luck in finding the relief that works for you.

Skizo
08-21-2014, 02:51 PM
To simply answer your question, yes, I believe they are all symptoms of anxiety.

As you probably know if you continue to focus on these sensations they are going to get worse.

Try to do whatever it is that calms you, and try to re-focus your attention on something else, anything else. I know it is hard to do, sometimes seemingly impossible, but the more you try the better you will be at finding relief.

I wish you luck in finding the relief that works for you.

even the gag reflex...?? it is pretty intense...

needtogetwell
08-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Sure, why not the gag reflex? Is it really any different than any other symptom? Annoying and nasty but why should you make it any more special than any other symptom you experience? They are all part and parcel of the same thing.

Skizo
08-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Also I have this constant urge to yawn... I guess it is basically the same thing, the gag reflex and urge to yawn, just one is more intense form of the same thing... also occasionally nausea and difficulty swallowing.

Does this sound like anxiety? And if so then what should I do? Is it possible that it goes away itself or is it too extreme and I need treatment?

Xerosnake90
08-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Also I have this constant urge to yawn... I guess it is basically the same thing, the gag reflex and urge to yawn, just one is more intense form of the same thing... also occasionally nausea and difficulty swallowing.

Does this sound like anxiety? And if so then what should I do? Is it possible that it goes away itself or is it too extreme and I need treatment?

We've already determined you have anxiety. You've also told us many times that you have it. You keep mentioning things thatre anxiety related, but take a peek at the symptoms thread. Get a farther understanding of the symptoms and seek professional help. You need to get out of this rut buddy. Good things can happen, stay positive.

Skizo
08-23-2014, 01:05 PM
We've already determined you have anxiety. You've also told us many times that you have it. You keep mentioning things thatre anxiety related, but take a peek at the symptoms thread. Get a farther understanding of the symptoms and seek professional help. You need to get out of this rut buddy. Good things can happen, stay positive.

Stop harassing me please, first of all there is no "we" and secondly I don't need your "help".
DO NOT POSTING IN MY THREADS XEROSNAKE90 ! How many times do I have to say this FFS?
I just want opinions of other people, not you, but you are derailing my thread by replying because I don't want you posting in my thread, OK?

Dahila
08-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Skizo baby, is he really harassing you? So am I ? We ask you to seek professional help due your problems, we are not doctors or therapist. No one of us is equipped to help you.
I will post in every thread I want !!!! You can go if you do not like it.
I do not think you will be missed

Xerosnake90
08-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Stop harassing me please, first of all there is no "we" and secondly I don't need your "help".
DO NOT POSTING IN MY THREADS XEROSNAKE90 ! How many times do I have to say this FFS?
I just want opinions of other people, not you, but you are derailing my thread by replying because I don't want you posting in my thread, OK?

I'm here letting you know what you need to do to fix your problem. You're stuck in a downward void, you avoid anyone telling you the truth because you just want to re assure your own will that something is wrong with you. Please, seek professional help before this gets any worse. I'm not harassing you, you're simply upset with me because you avoid the things I tell you that you find to be true.

Get some help, and leave the people here to be in peace. You're disrupting the mindset of those attempting to recover.

Skizo
08-24-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm here letting you know what you need to do to fix your problem. You're stuck in a downward void, you avoid anyone telling you the truth because you just want to re assure your own will that something is wrong with you. Please, seek professional help before this gets any worse. I'm not harassing you, you're simply upset with me because you avoid the things I tell you that you find to be true.

Get some help, and leave the people here to be in peace. You're disrupting the mindset of those attempting to recover.

What the fuck, you are the one coming to my threads, now I have to make another thread because you fuckers have ruined this one too, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE FOR CHRIST SAKE, JUST DO NOT POST IN MY THREAD, HOW HARD CAN THAT BE FOR YOU???? Everything was fine before you two jerks came here.

I DONT WANT YOU POSTING IN MY THREAD, FUCK OFF AND LIVE YOUR LIFE FFS

Skizo
08-24-2014, 12:55 AM
Skizo baby, is he really harassing you? So am I ? We ask you to seek professional help due your problems, we are not doctors or therapist. No one of us is equipped to help you.
I will post in every thread I want !!!! You can go if you do not like it.
I do not think you will be missed

And I ask you to piss off, yet you keep coming back.
I think you should seek professional help for your obsessive stalker behavior.
Now can you fuck off my threads please? You most certainly will not be missed.

Xerosnake90
08-24-2014, 02:31 AM
It's sad to see how far gone you are.

Skizo
08-24-2014, 04:51 AM
It's sad to see how far gone you are.

I see words have no affect on you, so I will just ignore you from now on.

Kixxi
08-24-2014, 06:43 AM
I have some extreme symptoms that have lasted for days now, this includes a horrible feeling like I wanna gag all the time, and a little bit of nausea, but it doesn't feel like I wanna puke, just gag....
Also sometimes I have a lump in throat, hard to swallow, pressure in head and even ears pop when i try to swallow, etc...

These are really extreme symptoms and I really need to know if this is anxiety or not :/ I am suffering badly here.

Hi Skizo,

Nausea is quite typical for elevated anxiety. You could also be suffering from a minor infection. If you have an infection your body wants to get rid of that infection at any cost, that might be why you are experiencing some nausea. Maybe it is worth trying some relaxation and breathing exercises and see if the nausea gets any better? If you do have an infection it should subside in a few days. However, if you are a bit worried you can also go to the doctors to put your mind at ease. Although it is uncomfortable for you at the moment, don't forget that these feelings will pass.

Skizo
08-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Hi Skizo,

Nausea is quite typical for elevated anxiety. You could also be suffering from a minor infection. If you have an infection your body wants to get rid of that infection at any cost, that might be why you are experiencing some nausea. Maybe it is worth trying some relaxation and breathing exercises and see if the nausea gets any better? If you do have an infection it should subside in a few days. However, if you are a bit worried you can also go to the doctors to put your mind at ease. Although it is uncomfortable for you at the moment, don't forget that these feelings will pass.

Nausea is not the problem, it is the constant urge to yawn and gag reflex, all I am asking is if the urge to yawn which sometimes gets so extreme it becomes a gag reflex is anxiety or not.

Dahila
08-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Ignoring is the way to go, now Skizo you ceased to exist :)))

Xerosnake90
08-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Quit feeding into him people. He's been told multiple times what his condition is. He then keeps trying to verify it, then he lashes out against anyone whom doesn't feed his need anymore. Until he learns to help himself he will be lost.

Skizo
08-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Quit feeding into him people. He's been told multiple times what his condition is. He then keeps trying to verify it, then he lashes out against anyone whom doesn't feed his need anymore. Until he learns to help himself he will be lost.

You are absolutely insane do you know that?

After I tell you a dozen times to stop posting in my threads, you still keep returning and taking abuse like some Stockholm syndrome sufferer, even after you have said yourself multiple times that you are done with me, what the hell is the matter with you, seriously? I think you really need some help with your obsessive compulsive behavior.
However I guess I can't expect normal behavior from you since you are probably under heavy medication.

I'm just going to give it another go in hopes that maybe the message will finally go through your thick skull - STOP POSTING IN MY THREADS. You will not be missed at all, your input is completely worthless and not appreciated, do you understand that?
I DO NOT CARE AT ALL about whatever you say, you are just annoying.
Now, I understand my threads for some reason are an eyesore to you, but trust me, you DO NOT NEED to press on them, spare both of our nerves and just ignore my threads, alrighty mate?
You do not even need to post some kind of a "warning message" to others, I appreciate everyone else except you, Dahila, and Im-Suffering, because you three just keep parroting yourself and have obsessive compulsive behavior disorder.
Is this like some kind of a cry for recognition on your part? Mommy and daddy didn't give you enough attention growing up? I'm sorry but I can't help you with that, seek professional help. Your obsessive behavior can be dangerous, yeah in the Internet you are safe, but if you can't control yourself in real life there might be more serious consequences.

This is my final message addressing this issue, I can only hope it is effective. I really didn't expect such trolls in health forums, guess I was wrong.
Take your own advice for once, and "quit feeding into it", just let it go, nothing bad will happen if you do. I promise you that I will not mimic your behavior and harass you in other threads.

Joe.
08-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Skizo, xerosnake is right. Accept truth from whatever source it comes, even if you don't like him. Look at my thread and watch the video, it will help!

Kixxi
08-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Nausea is not the problem, it is the constant urge to yawn and gag reflex, all I am asking is if the urge to yawn which sometimes gets so extreme it becomes a gag reflex is anxiety or not.

Hi Skizo,

It can be. As you know anxiety can show through many symptoms. Have you been under an unusual amount of stress lately?

Skizo
08-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Hi Skizo,

It can be. As you know anxiety can show through many symptoms. Have you been under an unusual amount of stress lately?

Yes... I have, I guess it is anxiety but I am asking are these specific symptoms familiar to anyone.

Skizo
08-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Skizo, xerosnake is right. Accept truth from whatever source it comes, even if you don't like him. Look at my thread and watch the video, it will help!

What is he "right" about, that I have anxiety? I know that myself, and I am accepting it, the issue is his obsessive compulsive behavior.

All I am asking is if the symptoms are familiar to anyone, THAT IS ALL. I am accepting it is anxiety, but these symptoms are unfamiliar to me so I was just wondering, geez... this is what this forum is for! So unless you have anything productive to say, goodbye.

Nobody so far has addressed the specific symptoms, so the help I have received from any of you is nonexistant, all anybody has done here so far is "guess" that these symptoms are purely anxiety, well I am not a freaking moron, I can GUESS that myself, but that is why I am posting in this forum, to be sure.

Xerosnake90
08-25-2014, 12:39 AM
You should look into the phenomenon known as mental self projection. I can elaborate if you don't understand.

Every single thing you make a thread about in regards to symptoms is already in the anxiety symptoms thread. You'd think someone like you would have looked through the thread already to confirm what it is that you're feeling. Instead you keep making threads about it. I have no OCD to contact you, post in your threads or the like. I do however see someone losing grip from reality and am advising you ringer it figured out before you're lost to dementia.

"But I don't want to be among the crazies" you say. But you see, you already are, why else would you be here? Good day.