PDA

View Full Version : Update! Day 4 of Lexapro/Klonopin

ChicagoFan689
08-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Hi there! I am on Day 4 of my first regimen of anti-anxiety medication. Doctor prescribed Lexapro for every day, and Klonopin for the first month when I need help sleeping or to take the edge off.

I started on Friday and can already feel the positive effects. I'm not as panick-y. I'm still having a few distracting "worrisome" moments - like I'm about to have a panic attack - but the panic has been subsiding before I can go in to full attack mode - especially if I take a couple of deep breaths.

Saturday, I had an open and honest talk (the first of many I'm sure) with my husband about how being diagnosed with GAD and Panic Disorder makes me feel, and what I need from him as my support system. Before this, I wasn't able to really express any of this, because my anxiety was so debilitating. It was really cathartic for both of us.

For the first time in a long time yesterday, I had the motivation to run outside. I ran 2.5 miles. Even though I had a couple of palpitations while running, I didn't let it stop me, and I felt great afterwards.

Even though I feel like I still have a ways to go, I do feel like I'm on the road to recovery - and I just wanted to say thanks to the people here who have made me feel like I'm not alone in this - whether or not we directly interacted. It's been really helpful to know that there are people out there living with the same symptoms I have and are making it through.

Im-Suffering
08-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi there! I am on Day 4 of my first regimen of anti-anxiety medication. Doctor prescribed Lexapro for every day, and Klonopin for the first month when I need help sleeping or to take the edge off.

I started on Friday and can already feel the positive effects. I'm not as panick-y. I'm still having a few distracting "worrisome" moments - like I'm about to have a panic attack - but the panic has been subsiding before I can go in to full attack mode - especially if I take a couple of deep breaths.

Saturday, I had an open and honest talk (the first of many I'm sure) with my husband about how being diagnosed with GAD and Panic Disorder makes me feel, and what I need from him as my support system. Before this, I wasn't able to really express any of this, because my anxiety was so debilitating. It was really cathartic for both of us.

For the first time in a long time yesterday, I had the motivation to run outside. I ran 2.5 miles. Even though I had a couple of palpitations while running, I didn't let it stop me, and I felt great afterwards.

Even though I feel like I still have a ways to go, I do feel like I'm on the road to recovery - and I just wanted to say thanks to the people here who have made me feel like I'm not alone in this - whether or not we directly interacted. It's been really helpful to know that there are people out there living with the same symptoms I have and are making it through.

Bravo ! Absolutely wonderful !

superchick22684
08-19-2014, 04:08 PM

I was just prescribed Lexapro today for anxiety/depression and was wondering you had experienced any side effects thus far?