PDA

View Full Version : about to give up

jasn88
08-15-2014, 02:00 PM
im tired of my swallowing issue..always feling like i need to swallow when i dont..im tired of it

a custoemr comes up at work and i just start swallowing like crazy..

i dont know if i can handle it anymore

Indigo_Earthling
08-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Jasn88, don't give up! Do you know what triggers your need to swallow? Try to relax and breathe. What resists, persists! Do you have a therapist?

jasn88
08-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Jasn88, don't give up! Do you know what triggers your need to swallow? Try to relax and breathe. What resists, persists! Do you have a therapist?

i just get nervous and oo i dont

Indigo_Earthling
08-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Do you have insurance.? If you do, call the number on the back of your card and ask for them to give you a list of providers. I definitely recommend trying to find someone who can give you some tools to work through the swallowing issue and find the underlying cause. If not you definitely should call a hotline to talk it out if you feel yourself getting close to the edge- 1-800-273-8255.

Is there anything you do to relieve stress or smile? What do you do for fun?

jasn88
08-16-2014, 12:29 PM
im not seeing anyone or taking medication..part of me knows i can beat this on my own i just need confidence in msyef

Anne1221
08-16-2014, 01:31 PM
You need a good doctor to help you! If it's a physical thing (my friend has no mental health issues but tons of physical issues and she has a need to swallow all the time) She feels like there is a lump in her throat. On the other hand, if it's a psychological issue, a good therapist will be able to help you. It's worth the effort to find one to help you. That's what they are out there for..to help us!