PDA

View Full Version : Heart flutters

MrsJ88
08-15-2014, 01:43 AM
Here it is almost 3am and my heart keeps beating weird... Like skipping a beat and flopping around it feels like. It feels like I can feel it in my throat! Scary!! :(

manz82
08-15-2014, 03:19 AM
These are called palpitations and unfortunately all us anxiety sufferers get them from time to time. Just last week in had a fun filled night of them. The only tips I can give you are:
1) try to eliminate any stress that may be playing on your mind throughout the day as this can manifest and torment you at night
2) if you get these little devils at night don't lie there obsessing over them, get up and do something relaxing to take your mind off them, like reading, watching a nice film (no horrors!),
Talk to your partner if you have one. Anything to calm you.
3) listen to relaxing music or meditate.
4) use a fan or a cold towel on your face. This helps me enormously.

Hope you're feeling better. X

Joe.
08-15-2014, 04:49 AM
Here it is almost 3am and my heart keeps beating weird... Like skipping a beat and flopping around it feels like. It feels like I can feel it in my throat! Scary!! :(

Yeah like manz said they are palpitations, very good advise.

Just wondering can these extend to a pulsating in sync with your heart in your head ? That's what I get

Xerosnake90
08-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Yeah like manz said they are palpitations, very good advise.

Just wondering can these extend to a pulsating in sync with your heart in your head ? That's what I get

Yes joe. It's quite possible for anxiety to make you feel just about every pulse in your body at the same time. The majors for me are the aorta in my stomach in combination with my neck and back of the head.

Keep your focus away from your symptoms and don't let these palpatations scare you. They're not as big and scary as they seem to be :)

Joe.
08-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Yes joe. It's quite possible for anxiety to make you feel just about every pulse in your body at the same time. The majors for me are the aorta in my stomach in combination with my neck and back of the head.

Keep your focus away from your symptoms and don't let these palpatations scare you. They're not as big and scary as they seem to be :)

Thanks. Your last sentence I will definitely remember

Joe.
08-15-2014, 06:58 AM

I'm on my ohone so I can't make new threads on these things haha

Xerosnake90
08-15-2014, 07:02 AM

Thank you :) hope they serve you as well as they do me

MrsJ88
08-15-2014, 04:12 PM
These are called palpitations and unfortunately all us anxiety sufferers get them from time to time. Just last week in had a fun filled night of them. The only tips I can give you are: 1) try to eliminate any stress that may be playing on your mind throughout the day as this can manifest and torment you at night 2) if you get these little devils at night don't lie there obsessing over them, get up and do something relaxing to take your mind off them, like reading, watching a nice film (no horrors!), Talk to your partner if you have one. Anything to calm you. 3) listen to relaxing music or meditate. 4) use a fan or a cold towel on your face. This helps me enormously. Hope you're feeling better. X

Thank you for the advice. They did finally subside. But now all day my chest hurts and feels heavy or something ugh if it's not one thing, it's another. It feels heavy or like someone is pressing down on it.

manz82
08-15-2014, 05:40 PM
This is because you have probably been over breathing and have strained your chest muscles. It is nothing to worry about/ use a warm compress and this will ease it quickly. X