PDA

View Full Version : Passing Out... :O

khernández99
08-11-2014, 11:26 AM
I never have passed out, but I was wondering what if feels like? I do know that when I panic I stop breathing and then everything gets silent, like I can't hear anything, then I start to breathe, forcing myself too.

What does it feel like to pass out though? :P

Joe.
08-11-2014, 11:59 AM
I never have passed out, but I was wondering what if feels like? I do know that when I panic I stop breathing and then everything gets silent, like I can't hear anything, then I start to breathe, forcing myself too.

I really don't know. I have a phobia of it in fact. I imagine its like going to sleep fast

manz82
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
It's actually very different to going to sleep. I have fainted once in my life after a bad bang to the head and trying to walk it off!
I felt ringing in my ears, a swooshing sound, blackness closing in on me and the next thing, I woke up with my friends around me and I was lying quite comfortably and calm on the concrete floor!
And get this, now I have panic disorder, fainting or 'passing out' scares the hell out of me!
Even though I know it's nothing major and is actually VERY unlikely to happen during a panic attack anyway, because to faint our blood pressure needs to be really low (that's why we faint - so our heads can reach the lowest point possible to enable a good blood flow to the brain)
In a panic attack, out blood pressure does the opposite and rises and it's virtually impossible to faint with high blood pressure.
And I tell myself even if I did faint, what's the worst that will happen? I'll wake up a few seconds later and feel a lot calmer than I did during a shitty panic attack. That's a bonus, right?! Ha

Lilac
08-11-2014, 01:52 PM
I do not know how it is to pass out, but I think I have been experiencing something similar. It was a horrifying experience. I am struggling with a quite severe iron deficiency. When I first discovered it, ten years ago, I almost fainted. It was Christmas and I had for quite some time been feeling very depressed and fatigued. I was pale, and even walking from one room in the house to another was exhausting to me. But for some odd reason, I managed to go to school and get through the day, although I was not able to pay any attention.

There was this one night when I woke up to go to the bathroom. I had done my business and was about to leave the bathroom when I felt this extreme dizziness and nausea. Then I started to sweat a lot. My vision became blurry, and I lost my coordination. I managed to get out of the bathroom and started walking towards my bedroom (I was 16, and living with my parents at that time) when it became all black! I could not see anything. I started screaming yelling for my parents. They woke up and ran towards me asking "what is wrong", but they did not immediately get an answer; I had lost my hearing too :O Then I started yelling "I can't see, I can't see, I can't hear anything". By then I was sitting on the floor panicking. My father picked me up and followed me to my bedroom. I sat down at the edge of my bed, and after about what seemed to be forever (about 5 minutes or so) my vision and hearing came back again. I was so tired.

We went to the emergency room, because my mum feared the worst and thought it was a brain tumor (come on!). They said it was hypotension (?) caused by lack of oxygen to the brain (most people experience that when they are standing up too fast - you can get a little bit dizzy until the oxygen reaches your brain).

I took blood tests, and found out that my ferritin level was dangerously low (In Norway it should be between 15 and 200 or something, I had 1.8 at that time). My primary physician asked how I was able to even wake up, and I was almost hospitalized. But he believed that by taking a LOT of vitamins and pills, and drinking this disgusting mixture, I would be able to get my ferritin level up to a normal range pretty fast because I was so young. And I did. But I have been struggling with iron deficiency on and off ever since that episode. Ferritin helps the red blood cells to transport oxygen in the body, and with almost no ferritin or iron left, my brain received oxygen way too late. That is why I almost fainted - my brain had passed out, but my body was still awake. It happened to me one more time a few years ago, when my ferritin level was down again at 4, but not so severely.

My mother still dreams about the screams every now and then. She was more terrified than I was, because I was practically "gone" :P

Apologies for the somewhat bad description and explanations - it is quite hard to translate medical terms from Norwegian into English ;)

Joe.
08-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I do not know how it is to pass out, but I think I have been experiencing something similar. It was a horrifying experience. I am struggling with a quite severe iron deficiency. When I first discovered it, ten years ago, I almost fainted. It was Christmas and I had for quite some time been feeling very depressed and fatigued. I was pale, and even walking from one room in the house to another was exhausting to me. But for some odd reason, I managed to go to school and get through the day, although I was not able to pay any attention.

There was this one night when I woke up to go to the bathroom. I had done my business and was about to leave the bathroom when I felt this extreme dizziness and nausea. Then I started to sweat a lot. My vision became blurry, and I lost my coordination. I managed to get out of the bathroom and started walking towards my bedroom (I was 16, and living with my parents at that time) when it became all black! I could not see anything. I started screaming yelling for my parents. They woke up and ran towards me asking "what is wrong", but they did not immediately get an answer; I had lost my hearing too :O Then I started yelling "I can't see, I can't see, I can't hear anything". By then I was sitting on the floor panicking. My father picked me up and followed me to my bedroom. I sat down at the edge of my bed, and after about what seemed to be forever (about 5 minutes or so) my vision and hearing came back again. I was so tired.

We went to the emergency room, because my mum feared the worst and thought it was a brain tumor (come on!). They said it was hypotension (?) caused by lack of oxygen to the brain (most people experience that when they are standing up too fast - you can get a little bit dizzy until the oxygen reaches your brain).

I took blood tests, and found out that my ferritin level was dangerously low (In Norway it should be between 15 and 200 or something, I had 1.8 at that time). My primary physician asked how I was able to even wake up, and I was almost hospitalized. But he believed that by taking a LOT of vitamins and pills, and drinking this disgusting mixture, I would be able to get my ferritin level up to a normal range pretty fast because I was so young. And I did. But I have been struggling with iron deficiency on and off ever since that episode. Ferritin helps the red blood cells to transport oxygen in the body, and with almost no ferritin or iron left, my brain received oxygen way too late. That is why I almost fainted - my brain had passed out, but my body was still awake. It happened to me one more time a few years ago, when my ferritin level was down again at 4, but not so severely.

My mother still dreams about the screams every now and then. She was more terrified than I was, because I was practically "gone" :P

Apologies for the somewhat bad description and explanations - it is quite hard to translate medical terms from Norwegian into English ;)

That sounded so scary! Sorry haha

Lilac
08-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Haha, it was definitely not a pleasant experience, no ;P

Kixxi
08-12-2014, 12:24 AM

Like Joe I have a phobia of passing out. Therefore it is nearly impossible for me to actually pass out. I had a lengthy discussion about it with my therapist and she said something that is quite valuable: If you do pass out, nothing bad will happen to you. Your body will fall in such a way that it won't hurt you at all.
Yes, for me it is quite a scary thought, but when you really think about it, it is nothing to really be worried about.

Im-Suffering
08-12-2014, 07:38 AM

Keep in mind many of your beliefs about illness and your body came from your mother, whether spoken or telepathic, or demonstrative actions, or tuned in feelings. It may benefit you to understand that, you can separate your personhood from hers, understand? With that said...

Ive been trying to reach out to you. And in this post, yours above, I want you to understand this type of trauma must be released. You cannot sit on it, the memory, the feelings, rather sit in it, forever. You gather experience, like a file cabinet, and relate that experience by association. The human mind works by association.

For example, if you are looking at a new couch, it is not uncommon to flash every couch you've ever had through your mind as comparison. So now, this traumatic memory you associate back to as a foundation for what you experience in the moment. You do not live in the now, for nows sake but rather flash back and compare. Since the trauma has not been released, you store the fear and hurt, terror, in each cell of your body, re-enacting the memory over and over again.

So instead of comparing your now experience with good feeling memories, the trauma is prime and thus each new experience is judged against negatives, eliminating your full experience in the moment, which on its own, could be pleasurable without the distortion carried in your cellular memory. You needn't look to a book to see why you have frazzled nerves, then, you have your reasons, in stored terror.

Stored memories are not to be dwelled on and kept like a war medal for valor, but quickly eliminated by feeling them and releasing them, and getting back to the moment, the now. The moment experience would be quite different if not tainted over with painful memories, you see.

The moment is your point of power. Your only source of inspiration, and motivation. You dwell, your life, in truth, in one long moment. Interference from beliefs, or past stored hurts, fears, are no longer valid. Your moment now, is much different than your moment then, learn to separate the two.

Now, for edification, your life would have no meaning if not for the pauses between the moments perceived as time, a way to analyze and break experience into chunks. A book by example would have no meaning if there were no spaces between the words, so the pauses, or space in between moments defines each experience and gives the illusion of the passage of time. You can stop reliving the traumas then, and choose to relive the happiness, if you must relive anything at all. Now, there were many more happy experiences of health and vitality, than the one you described in your quote. You ignore those, however, as your current beliefs cause you to gravitate towards the beliefs that reinforce your current condition. This is the human method of experiencing your thoughts.

That is all for today, I will reach out to you as necessary.

khernández99
08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Wow I have heard of the blackness, and etc. That must have been very, terrifying.

I know I will be having a panic attack tonight, I am stressed out, nervous, mad, also hoping to be able to switch class schedule times, and hoping that is allowed at all. I am just really worried, and won't get sleep tonight. :/

Also, I posted this, several hours before I had another panic attack and I stopped breathing for about a minute or two, got lightheaded, I started to cough, and then afterwards I started to breathe again. There is nothing wrong with my lungs either.

Lilac
08-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Keep in mind many of your beliefs about illness and your body came from your mother, whether spoken or telepathic, or demonstrative actions, or tuned in feelings. It may benefit you to understand that, you can separate your personhood from hers, understand? With that said...

Ive been trying to reach out to you. And in this post, yours above, I want you to understand this type of trauma must be released. You cannot sit on it, the memory, the feelings, rather sit in it, forever. You gather experience, like a file cabinet, and relate that experience by association. The human mind works by association.

For example, if you are looking at a new couch, it is not uncommon to flash every couch you've ever had through your mind as comparison. So now, this traumatic memory you associate back to as a foundation for what you experience in the moment. You do not live in the now, for nows sake but rather flash back and compare. Since the trauma has not been released, you store the fear and hurt, terror, in each cell of your body, re-enacting the memory over and over again.

So instead of comparing your now experience with good feeling memories, the trauma is prime and thus each new experience is judged against negatives, eliminating your full experience in the moment, which on its own, could be pleasurable without the distortion carried in your cellular memory. You needn't look to a book to see why you have frazzled nerves, then, you have your reasons, in stored terror.

Stored memories are not to be dwelled on and kept like a war medal for valor, but quickly eliminated by feeling them and releasing them, and getting back to the moment, the now. The moment experience would be quite different if not tainted over with painful memories, you see.

The moment is your point of power. Your only source of inspiration, and motivation. You dwell, your life, in truth, in one long moment. Interference from beliefs, or past stored hurts, fears, are no longer valid. Your moment now, is much different than your moment then, learn to separate the two.

Now, for edification, your life would have no meaning if not for the pauses between the moments perceived as time, a way to analyze and break experience into chunks. A book by example would have no meaning if there were no spaces between the words, so the pauses, or space in between moments defines each experience and gives the illusion of the passage of time. You can stop reliving the traumas then, and choose to relive the happiness, if you must relive anything at all. Now, there were many more happy experiences of health and vitality, than the one you described in your quote. You ignore those, however, as your current beliefs cause you to gravitate towards the beliefs that reinforce your current condition. This is the human method of experiencing your thoughts.

That is all for today, I will reach out to you as necessary.

I am not sure where you're going with this, Im-Suffering. You say that this event has "caused" my current health anxiety because I associate my newest issues with this episode? If so, that must be very, very subconsciously. Of course the blackout was horrifying; I lost my vision and hearing, but I my body was still awake. However, I have never ever thought about this in the years after; I have only told my story to others, like I did now. I simply described my experience with a blackout". I do not compare my current health anxiety with this episode, because there are two VERY different issues, not related to one another. What happened to me physically ten years ago does not scare me AT ALL today; when I think about it now, I just think it is fascinating, not scary. Probably because I know what caused it, and what I have to do to avoid it. It is released, definitely. You don't know me, and think it's weird that you draw such conclusions. Or I just don't understand what you mean. I see absolutely NO connection between my ALS anxiety and my blackout, but I guess you are talking about a deeper level. If so, it is difficult for me to do something about it, other than taking care of my current anxiety right now, which I am trying to.

Guess I am not as deep as you, because I think I got confused.

Im-Suffering
08-12-2014, 10:08 AM
I am not sure where you're going with this, Im-Suffering. You say that this event has "caused" my current health anxiety because I associate my newest issues with this episode? If so, that must be very, very subconsciously. Of course the blackout was horrifying; I lost my vision and hearing, but I my body was still awake. However, I have never ever thought about this in the years after; I have only told my story to others, like I did now. I simply described my experience with a blackout". I do not compare my current health anxiety with this episode, because there are two VERY different issues, not related to one another. What happened to me physically ten years ago does not scare me AT ALL today; when I think about it now, I just think it is fascinating, not scary. Probably because I know what caused it, and what I have to do to avoid it. It is released, definitely. You don't know me, and think it's weird that you draw such conclusions. Or I just don't understand what you mean. I see absolutely NO connection between my ALS anxiety and my blackout, but I guess you are talking about a deeper level. If so, it is difficult for me to do something about it, other than taking care of my current anxiety right now, which I am trying to.

Guess I am not as deep as you, because I think I got confused.

The nerves are over exaggerated because the psyche has been through trauma, and during those times, there were overly exaggerated responses. What your mother never told you is how deathly afraid she is over your health. That belief was passed on to you, intuitively, and psychically as well as her responses to any illness you may have had.

Now the psyche looks upon the body with a close eye, you see, inspecting it, ready to over exaggerate, almost expecting it. You were taught to act as you do, you were not born mistrustful of your very own body.

It is not the body influencing the mind, rather the mind influencing the body with its expectations coloring the lenses that perceives it. If it is all beliefs, then challenge those that do not suit you, small changes to conscious beliefs will have an effect across the board to the subconscious ones soon enough. "the human body is weak and frail and susceptible to all diseases beyond my control" "at any moment I can be struck with a life debilitating illness" are a few good ones to dig into. Any thought that doesn't feel good is a destructive belief that needs to be examined about yourself. Raising the feelings to the surface so you can see them is the reason for the thought to begin with. Not to run from it, but to face it.

Ultimately, yes, your thoughts should make you feel good. That is your purpose in this life, to learn through trial and error, and sometimes suffering, to think correctly. Because you deserve to feel good, that was the challenge all along. In previous lives you did not get this fully, so always up for a good challenge, you give it another go. There is no chance meetings, my dear. So here we are again.

Given with love.

I don't have to know you, I just know.

maddie-_-
08-17-2014, 10:54 AM
for me it was like i went ver ver lightheaded and i was ver confused, it was like when you rub your eyes too much and everything goes splodgy and wierd colours then bam next thing you know people are asking you if youre ok..aand quite often people v* after fainting. i know i did.