PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Side Effects of Medication

HM
06-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi,

I’m considering using antidepressants again.

My uncle, who’s a doctor, has recommended that I take Citroplex. My concern with taking this drug, after using another SSRI in the past called Setraline is the potential for sexual side effects.

Namely the inability to orgasm and/or maintain and erection.

Obviously this is something I do not want to experience again, as any man can appreciate (and as any girlfriend of a man taking these drugs can appreciate also!).

I just wanted to know if the same will happen while on Citroplex? And if is so, whether there are any other drugs you can take ‘safely’ without this happening?

Thanks. I know this is a bit of an embarrassing problem, but if anyone could give me advise that would be great.

Harry

Robbed
06-09-2008, 04:34 AM
Sexual side effects are possible with ANY SSRI. However, it is impossible to predict whether you will experience this side effect with Lexapro (what we call Cipralex here in the US).

Free2fly
06-10-2008, 05:03 AM
You can't say any SSRI will or will not do this, it's possible with any of these drugs.
All I can suggest is that if/when you try this drug, do not expect sexual problems as with the last one, and don't worry about them. You're likely to create a mental state where you are not as aroused because you are worrying about it. Relax and be natural, and hopefully these drugs won't be the same as the last ones. There's only one way to find out.
Good luck!