PDA

View Full Version : Bad evening

AbbiM
08-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Went out with my Husband last night, and went to the pub, where all was fine. He asked if I wanted to eat and although I was a bit hungry I didnt have the confidence to as I was scared by the time the food arrived I wouldn't be able to eat. I felt so guilty as he really wanted something but didn't want to eat alone. So we decided to wait until we got home to eat.

On the way home we had an argument and by the time we got home I wasnt hungry which caused another row about my eating, this caused me to get so worked up I was sick. My husband ordered a pizza and ate half, after he had eaten and everything had calmed down i managed to eat a couple of slices of pizza.

Its just so upsetting and I worry my husbands patience will run out as we can't eat out anymore and I even find eating in front of him difficult.

hippysilverware
08-29-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad night, I get that way sometimes too. Especially when a restaurant is crowded or I'm around people I don't know, my appetite takes a huge dive.

If it happens all the time though, maybe you could start taking some gradual steps so you feel more comfortable. Maybe start having dinners just face to face with your husband while you guys talk (talking is a /great/ distraction from being nervous about eating, at least for me). And when you do go out to eat, maybe invite some friends? When you have more people you know with you (again this is just some personal experience) it makes things a bit easier. I hope this helps!