PDA

View Full Version : i need the money but

blues
07-31-2014, 03:04 PM
im scared to death to apply for jobs and go to work.
how am i ever going to be anything if i cant even face a few people.
my kik is igotdrank i really need some help

Kixxi
07-31-2014, 06:12 PM
im scared to death to apply for jobs and go to work.
how am i ever going to be anything if i cant even face a few people.
my kik is igotdrank i really need some help

Hiya Blues,

Since I don't know you very well I don't know what type of anxiety you're dealing with. From what you're saying I'd have to guess agoraphobia or social anxiety?
I suffer from agoraphobia myself and the idea of going out is just terrifying. However, I also know that I cannot hide from this problem for the rest of my life. Before you start work I personally would start treating your anxiety or more specifically the reason for your anxiety (even if you don't know it yet). There are so many things you can do to feel better and to handle this crappy anxiety that holds you back. Trust me, I been there (I am still there). Although I am getting better now I did have quite a relapse last week, but you know what, that is okay. It doesn't take away what I achieved already. The same goes for you, I know it's terrifying, but you should think about yourself right now. Deal with whatever is holding you back. Little babysteps.

For example:
I am absolutely terrified of going to a huge shop. A few days ago my family went to poundland and challenged me to go in. So I told myself: "Ok, I really don't want to do this, but hey, if I don't do this I'll be scared forever. You done this before, you can do it again, just take small steps". So instead of going into the shop and enjoy an afternoon of terrified shopping, I just went to the entrance, stood there for a few moments. I dealt with the uncomfortable feelings for a bit. Told myself that I was so brave for doing this. And then headed back to the car. And you know what? I am so proud of myself, even though I did not do it the "normal" way.

I would advise (in my capacity of fellow anxiety sufferer) to find something that you can handle at the moment. Even if it is part time or from home, whilst you do some treatment. You will get a great sense of achievement from doing it and it will help you value yourself so much more. Anxiety doesn't mean your weak. You are really brave because you face it every day. Adjust for a little while until you are comfortable enough to tackle it all together.

Now, I must say that this can be different for everyone. Some people just like the hard approach and just go for it no matter how uncomfortable. I've done that a few times to. But the baby steps seem to work for me. I been doing more and more every day.

Anne1221
07-31-2014, 08:03 PM
Kixxi...how wonderful for you!! And you should be very, very proud of yourself. Just wait for that big day when all of a sudden big changes start coming and it all starts with those little stepS that you push yourself to do. KEEP UP THE AMAZING GREAT WORK YOU ARE DOING!!!

blues
08-01-2014, 10:17 PM
i got my meds today thank god.
it was worth getting yelled at.
my situation is all messed up.

hit me up on kik if youre reading this: igotdrank

i will have to do baby steps quickly before im totally broke.
i need to rush myself the sooner the better.
All my family cares about is me getting my own life my own apartment my own everything and make it harder for me by thinking abuse will help but its killing me inside.

Kixxi
08-02-2014, 11:28 AM
i got my meds today thank god.
it was worth getting yelled at.
my situation is all messed up.

hit me up on kik if youre reading this: igotdrank

i will have to do baby steps quickly before im totally broke.
i need to rush myself the sooner the better.
All my family cares about is me getting my own life my own apartment my own everything and make it harder for me by thinking abuse will help but its killing me inside.

Hi blues,

I am glad that you found some relief somewhere. However, try not to rush yourself. It is better to take small steps and succeed than big steps and relapse. Trust me I been there. I experienced the pressure from others to get better and it only made me doubt myself and be frustrated.

blues
08-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Hi blues,

I am glad that you found some relief somewhere. However, try not to rush yourself. It is better to take small steps and succeed than big steps and relapse. Trust me I been there. I experienced the pressure from others to get better and it only made me doubt myself and be frustrated.

relaxing is nearly impossible my meds give me great relief n help me cope. but i dont want to get lazy. today im not rushing anything. im going to go slow. i figure as long as i keep moving i will get it all done without being overwhelmed.

Kixxi
08-03-2014, 02:06 AM
relaxing is nearly impossible my meds give me great relief n help me cope. but i dont want to get lazy. today im not rushing anything. im going to go slow. i figure as long as i keep moving i will get it all done without being overwhelmed.

Yea I know how you feel there. I had to go on meds myself about 7 years ago. I couldn't sleep any more and kept on getting heart palpitations. Been on them for quite some time now and they do take some of the edge of. Although eventually I want to live without them. It would be nicer not to be so dependent on them I think. However, If they help, that all that matters.

Canna87
08-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Hey man. I'm not into KIK but I have BBM, pm me if you wanna chat on there or maybe even Facebook later. I couldn't imagine looking for work right now, fortunately I have a job that isn't too hard on my panic.

blues
08-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Great news, I'm on my meds and I've gotten them upped and they're working great. I even got a job today which made me feel amazing and proud. After 4 years straight of being bitched at, harassed, tormented by my family, friends, and people in general, and social anxiety I finally feel free. I now feel like I can accomplish anything. I feel great.

jogosdofriv42
12-31-2014, 01:30 AM
Please confident and you will be

smartscrutiny
01-21-2015, 08:02 AM
Great news, I'm on my meds and I've gotten them upped and they're working great. I even got a job today which made me feel amazing and proud. After 4 years straight of being bitched at, harassed, tormented by my family, friends, and people in general, and social anxiety I finally feel free. I now feel like I can accomplish anything. I feel great.

Hey blues,

This is great! You should be very proud of yourself. Congrats!