PDA

View Full Version : revelation the battle begins

Rob66
07-27-2014, 03:50 AM
Just come across the forum and had a quick read, and it's a bit of a revelation really I've been dealing with anxiety in a minor form for some years, but the past six months have got much worse, to the point of taking a week off work this week, rather than quit which was my auto reaction. I knew I was stressed, all part of life, but when the panic attacks kicked in it was time to take a break.

Even while off work this week I've had panic attacks for no apparent reason, in the past few month I've always put it down to work. I have told my rather un sympathetic boss the real reason I have been off, and that I think it has been effecting my work performance, my rear now is to eventually being managed out which I think is making it much worse.

So here goes Monday tomorrow back into the fight.

Kixxi
07-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Just come across the forum and had a quick read, and it's a bit of a revelation really I've been dealing with anxiety in a minor form for some years, but the past six months have got much worse, to the point of taking a week off work this week, rather than quit which was my auto reaction. I knew I was stressed, all part of life, but when the panic attacks kicked in it was time to take a break.

Even while off work this week I've had panic attacks for no apparent reason, in the past few month I've always put it down to work. I have told my rather un sympathetic boss the real reason I have been off, and that I think it has been effecting my work performance, my rear now is to eventually being managed out which I think is making it much worse.

So here goes Monday tomorrow back into the fight.

Hi Rob,

I know how you feel. It can be really hard to deal with people that don't have any sympathy for what you are going through. I thought I had a really good support system, but that fell apart during a really bad holiday. Now I come here for help, and it does really help to know that there are people going through the same struggles. What helped me getting through work was thinking that I was floating.