PDA

View Full Version : No health problems? ( therapist appointment)

Joe.
07-25-2014, 03:23 PM
The other day I went to the doctors for an appointment primarily about my vertigo, I quickly explained to him the full lengthy story about my anxiety and panic attacks to show how I could have this vertigo. That became the subject of the appointment then, he advised me to see a therapist, which I will, and said my description of my vertigo fits a categorization which allows it to be stress related.

He still did some balance tests and eye tests along with some ear tests, which I particularly didn't like. They all were fine, no health problems related to them it seems. Also with information from blood tests a few months back and EKG's he presumed I am healthy.

As a hypochondriac I do not know what to think of this.

So is this a Doctor conclusively telling me that this vertigo is all anxiety caused?

On a separate note......

Soon I will be seeing a therapist, firstly I have no idea how therapy works and what happens in it and just what it'll be like. Any advise?

Im-Suffering
07-25-2014, 03:35 PM
The other day I went to the doctors for an appointment primarily about my vertigo, I quickly explained to him the full lengthy story about my anxiety and panic attack to show how I could have this vertigo. That became the subject of the appointment then, he advised me to see a therapist, which I will, and said my description of my vertigo fits a categorization which allows it to be stress related.

He still did some balance tests and eye tests along with some ear tests, which I particularly didn't like. They all were fine, no health problems related to them it seems. Also with information from blood tests a few months back and EKG's he presumed I am healthy.

As a hypochondriac I do not know what to think of this.

So is this a Doctor conclusively telling me that this vertigo is all anxiety caused?

On a separate note......

Soon I will be seeing a therapist, firstly I have no idea how therapy works and what happens in it and just what it'll be like. Any advise?

You fed the doctor the bait, you led him like a shark to blood. Thus a self fulfilling appointment and off you go to therapy. You sold him on anxiety, like a car salesman sells a volvo, pitch and all. And so through fate you met, co created together you have your outcome.

With the therapist, do not mentally masturbate with him or her, showing your anxiety like a war torn medallion or purple heart, a trophy on the mantle, put away the ego and intelligence in lieu of raw, opened wounds and emotions. From the getgo. Thus your time with a therapist will not last ages as you manipulate him, as you did with the good doctor.

Make a list of your beliefs, the ones on the surface, consciously, and dont hold back. Do not sensor. Tell him you need a belief shake up. To a certain extent, should you change one on the surface, it will effect others across the board, ones that you may feel are subconscious. Go in with a tenacity to heal.

Joe.
07-25-2014, 03:49 PM
I think your committing several fallacies in saying that......
You are first presuming that the Doctor was compelled by the story, led to believe it in relation to vertigo, no, no he wasn't in the way you describe.
He by his own reasoning concluded by methods of induction that the likelihood is that it's stress related. You use the word manipulation very clumsily.....what do you see as manipulation, I'm suffering
I can deconstruct words too, "bait" hmmmm....stop using mental trickery, no bait was in the story nor was the bait the story itself, you are relying on numerous presumptions on calling it that, one, that this is what I was intending him to believe, two I was naive in my perspective of it; previously I had thought deeply and with input from forum members on the relevance of anxiety to my case of vertigo.

You're misfiring I'm suffering.

What your saying has some truth in it, but with little relation to the thread itself
You fed the doctor the bait, you led him like a shark to blood. Thus a self fulfilling appointment and off you go to therapy. You sold him on anxiety, like a car salesman sells a volvo, pitch and all. And so through fate you met, co created together you have your outcome.

With the therapist, do not mentally masturbate with him or her, showing your anxiety like a war torn medallion or purple heart, put away the ego and intelligence in lieu of raw, opened wounds and emotions. From the getgo. Thus your time with a therapist will not last ages as you manipulate him, as you did with the good doctor.

Im-Suffering
07-25-2014, 03:53 PM
I think your committing several fallacies in saying that......
You are first presuming that the Doctor was compelled by the story, led to believe it in relation to vertigo, no, no he wasn't in the way you describe.
He by his own reasoning concluded by methods of induction that the likelihood is that it's stress related. You use the word manipulation very clumsily.....what do you see as manipulation, I'm suffering
I can deconstruct words too, "bait" hmmmm....stop using mental trickery, no bait was in the story nor was the bait the story itself, you are relying on numerous presumptions on calling it that, one, that this is what I was intending him to believe, two I was naive in my perspective of it; previously I had thought deeply and with input from forum members on the relevance of anxiety to my case of vertigo.

You're misfiring I'm suffering.

What your saying has some truth in it, but with little relation to the thread itself

I dont misfire, instead of critiquing me, read it again, for there is a slant, you would rather it be mental then physical, for some how the physical would be more troubling.

Read my suggestions on therapy, take it or leave it, it is not my misfiring, it is your beliefs you are blinded by. In regards to therapy, it could be fashionable to sit there for years, so go in with tenacity.

Joe.
07-25-2014, 04:01 PM
All you say like " I dont misfire" are all assertions, no need to believe them. If you notice I am not critiquing you, I am critiquing your beliefs, are you your beliefs I'm suffering?

I would rather it be mental than physical, as I know I can control the mental side of things. That is true. There is no manipulation there either.

Your suggestion on therapy are very good, I take it. On my rebuttal of your first comment I did not mention your suggestions as I had no problems with it.

My beliefs are crystal clear to me, I think deeply and philosophically, I make no mistakes in my words or through philosophical logic, I do make mistakes of other kinds though. Disbelief is what blinds me, however, that is very clear.

I dont misfire, instead of critiquing me, read it again, for there is a slant, you would rather it be mental then physical, for some how the physical would be more troubling.

Read my suggestions on therapy, take it or leave it, it is not my misfiring, it is your beliefs you are blinded by.

Im-Suffering
07-25-2014, 04:09 PM
All you say like " I dont misfire" are all assertions, no need to believe them. If you notice I am not critiquing you, I am critiquing your beliefs, are you your beliefs I'm suffering?

I would rather it be mental than physical, as I know I can control the mental side of things. That is true. There is no manipulation there either.

Your suggestion on therapy are very good, I take it. On my rebuttal of your first comment I did not mention your suggestions as I had no problems with it.

My beliefs are crystal clear to me, I think deeply and philosophically, I make no mistakes in my words or through philosophical logic, I do make mistakes of other kinds though. Disbelief is what blinds me, however, that is very clear.

Always fond regards, I do wish you the best with therapy.

Joe.
07-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks, man ( are you a man, never worked it out LOL) All arguments with me you'll find are never to the person, I respond to words that's it. I do that from experience with debates.

You're very wise.

How's your day been anyway ?

Im-Suffering
07-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks, man ( are you a man, never worked it out LOL) All arguments with me you'll find are never to the person, I respond to words that's it. I do that from experience with debates.

You're very wise.

How's your day been anyway ?

Im ok. Day is good today, yep im a man. Btw I like the new avatar pic, very trippy ! (Not quite as cool as gomez addams tho)

Joe.
07-26-2014, 01:49 AM
My avatar pic is a single cover of the musician bonobo,amazing artist, check him out!

Im ok. Day is good today, yep im a man. Btw I like the new avatar pic, very trippy ! (Not quite as cool as gomez addams tho)