PDA

View Full Version : fluorescent lights and anxiety

jgurer
06-06-2008, 02:10 AM
hi i am 21 and has had anxiety since i was 15 yrs old and have been on effexor xr for about 3 yrs now anyway i know this is probably going to sound a little strange but it seems like to me that bright lights such as fluorescent lights seems to trigger panic attacks for me it gets me so nervous to the point that i get sick on the stomach and made me drop out of community college but i am going back now and what would anyone suggest to me about this problem should i get some non prescription glasses that have a little tint or some transition lens i don't know but i have narrowed it down to being the light factor that makes me have some of my panic attacks like when its a clear sunny hot day most of the time i wont go outside but i love the winter months and this has also cost me some jobs where i worked that had fluorescent lights i don't know what it is its not like i have a phobia for the lights themselves please give me some suggestions :shock:

koshka
06-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Perhaps it is affecting you because of the high speed at which fluro lights flicker. I have had similar experiences of anxiety with them, but more so when the flickering is perceptible.