PDA

View Full Version : Changing Symptoms????

NervousNiki
07-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Hey all!!! So here are my latest questions about anxiety: Do our symptoms change? Like its been about 2 months since I've had one of my typical panic attacks. I'm certain the beta blocker I am on is responsible for gjus. But in that time, I have developed intermittent leg paresthesia. I will get what feels like a chill in a localized part of my leg. I've got more pain since my panic has stopped. My Dr has not run any tests. I've mentioned this to him more than once but he doesn't seem all that concerned. Is this my anxiety manifesting itself in new ways since the medication I'm on has stopped other symptoms? Seems logical, but new symptoms are scary.

Xerosnake90
07-24-2014, 05:28 AM
Hey Nikki,

I myself started off with a range of symptoms. Some come and go as they please, and new ones showing up seems to be the norm as well. That's not to say it isn't scary, but if that isn't what anxiety is about I don't know what is :p Congrats on not having panic attacks for two months, that's something you need to be proud of! It's not the full battle, you're controlling those big outbursts you have. Now you need to tackle that underlying general anxiety. Once you get past your anxiety, your symptoms will melt away with it.

I had an eye twitch for a month and a half that's been completely gone since I realized I had anxiety symptoms less than a week ago. And I had a leg tingle for two weeks that started off light and only at night, turned into a most of the day thing. Now i will rarely get the tingle as I'm working on improving my anxiety as a whole. It's still a struggle, I get symptoms as part of my general anxiety that was turned into full blown health anxiety when I got sick with stomach flu. but as I get used to dealing with this I'm believing and expecting these symptoms to go away. I'm the one who dictates my happy and safe mind, thus it will have to :)

Trainsmash
07-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Well done to both of you :)...anxiety comes like a thief in the night but we will get over it :)