PDA

View Full Version : Is it actually vertigo?

Joe.
07-23-2014, 12:04 PM
I have all the symptoms of a vertigo/balance condition, and I can get quite severe attacks of it. A doctor will presume it's vertigo
I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow and i'm very anxious for it.....as usual......

But what my contention is that it could be just anxiety and a matter for psychiatrists. I get it much worse when I'm in a panic attack, and when I'm completely relaxed, content and happy I have non of it.

Could vertigo be ONLY anxiety?

Exactice
07-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Hey Joe, I think I responded to a previous post that you made about vertigo? It may have been someone else, anyways. Its always good to see a doctor, but.......my dizziness was attributed to my anxiety. The doctor gave me meds for Vertigo (Meclizine) I took it for a while and felt better, but sometimes it would just come on and annoy the crap out of me.

When I got my anxiety and panic under control finally I noticed that the vertigo symptoms dissipated! So I narrowed it down to Anxiety rather than vertigo!

Good Luck my friend!

Joe.
07-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks man! I got chills for some reason while reading that!

I'll definitely tell the doctor about my anxiety and vertigo.

Dahila
07-23-2014, 07:08 PM
I have vertigo........oh that's right 12 years, but it more connected to my inner ear and hearing loss. Of course when I am upset it acts up. You eventually learn how to live with it and hot to control it to certain extend. :)