PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a problem? Feeling very anxious!

kristydani
07-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi all,

Note: I've had anxiety for about a year; currently on Mirtazapine 30mg.

I'm feeling anxious about a particular situation. I'm 19 and am a university student studying law. For a long time I couldn't find a casual job to fit around classes but I finally found one. I've been working there for three months so far. Everything is going okay and I like the job. However, as part of my studies I am going on exchange overseas for three months in September. I have been planning this trip for about a year and it's something I really want to do. Since I have only been employed at my workplace for three months, I am very anxious about applying for leave as I still consider myself 'new', and I'm worried they won't have a position for me when I return. I feel so bad about it. I will get back in December (which is summer break so I won't have any classes). I am praying that when I return I'll still be able to work there over summer. During last year's summer I couldn't find a job and sunk into depression and it was awful... I am fearful that will happen again. During my last shift, I told one of my co-workers about my trip and asked her what the process is regarding leave. She had a worried look on her face and seemed unsure. I just felt terrible.

Help. Advice. Anything.

Thanks.