PDA

View Full Version : My Uncle's wedding - ANXIETY!

Joe.
07-20-2014, 12:37 PM
So I'm at a big busy posh stately home in the UK for my Uncle's wedding.

Earlier today the wedding happened, I was the ring bearer! It was outside in boiling weather ( I hate weather like that, as I have a phobia of dehydration) so along with the immense anxiety I was having I got quite a bit of vertigo and therefore had a panic attack....Still carrying on with the wedding though
Just had the meal after the wedding, and the table conversation did not suit my health anxiety...... a person in my distant family was diagnosed with brain cancer, everyone decided to talk about the symptoms and treatment.....I was there like going insane! Plus we ended up talking about my granddads health, which triggers me. I didn't say anything about my anxiety.

Because of the talk about brain cancer I am worried the rumination about brain cancer in my mind will come back, is there any effective way to prevent this from coming back? I thought I'd just got it in control!

Pal2
07-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi Joe your post inspired me to create an account and respond after browsing on here for some time.
I have had similar thoughts as you. I get something in my head and I slowly start obsessing about it and get my self worked up.
What I do is this , put a rubber band on your wrist like a bracelet. As soon as you start obsessing snap the rubber band enough to sting a little, but also change thoughts every time you snap the rubber band. It's like an off switch. Try it it takes a little work but it works so good for me. I truly hope this helps you....