PDA

View Full Version : Advice

sean17
07-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Why can't i forget about my anxiety/illness any advice to take. MY mind of it /try and fight it thanks

Joe.
07-19-2014, 11:00 AM
To manage your anxiety it's best not to forget about it.

Accept it.

Accept you have ANXIETY, and forget any conviction you have a deadly disease.
How do you forget about these deadly diseases?

One thing that helped me was putting into perspective your fear, by this I mean thinking deeply for a while about what you are actually believing and what this implies. I think this will be better explained if I use an example:

A few months ago I was convinced I had a brain tumor, I was scared to death, but one night with the help of a forum member I thought about why I believed this. The forum member rightly told me that if it was a brain tumor and I've had it for 7 months I'd be in hospital in unimaginable pain long since. This helped me realize that my symptoms are mostly made by my mind. :)

sean17
07-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Hi Joe Thanks for the reply and advice

maddie-_-
07-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Ok something that helps me hugely is, the size of my head. Go to a mirror, look into it. See how small or big your head is. See how big your body is. See how it is bigger than your head. Then think how big planet Earth is. It makes anxiety seem so small and easy to forget, at least for me :) Hope this helpes?