PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with this dilemma? :/

GYDA
07-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Basically from january up until about june i was hammering the gym, lost about 2 stone but i began to start getting chest pains while i was working out/jogging. Bearing in mind ive already had 4 ecg's and one stress test ecg and everything come back normal i decided to power through it. but the pains carried on so i stopped excercising and didnt dear do anything, i dont know if i was working myself into a stupid circle where when i was doing excercise i'd just be thinking 'please dont get chest pains' and then of course i would do. even running up the stairs i'd be worried about getting chest pains, so i went for a health check up where you get a normal ecg done and a stress ecg done, i had this done last week and all came back completely normal but im still hesitant about doing any excercise because i wonder if maybe the ecg missed something and there is something wrong with my heart. im only 22 but i think i dont know if ive worked myself into this frenzy where the chest pains are all because of me and my anxiety or i do actually have some heart defect or heart disease. i want to push on with my excercising but just worried.

the thing is on the day of my ecg's i wasnt getting the chest pains, and i googled stuff and they said about how its mainly pointless having an ecg n stress ecg if you dont have one of your chest pain episodes while your hooked up to the ecg, so the ecg might have missed it all and i could still have a bad heart.
r
cheers for any replies :)

petrified
07-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi I think chances are why your having chest pains is over thinking it. Having anxiety makes us super aware of every little thing in our bodies.

Your super young and sound like you are doing all the right things to get healthy. I'm sure an ECG would of picked up any heart problems up wether you were having pains or not. Staying away from google may help too.

Do you go to the gym with anyone?
Just next time you go try to take a friend or someone with you it might help to distract you so you don't panic about getting pains.

Hannah :-)

kel37blah
07-13-2014, 09:02 PM
I know how this situation can be frustrating. I had someone close to me who had the tracker on and unfortunately it did not register anything. However when they finally did it was significant and exercising at a high-intensity can absolutely make it worse.

If you are having chest pains definitely shift to the side of being cautious until that is figured out. You can absolutely still exercise though. Just do it at a lower intensity where you don't get that pain.

Hope that helps!

GYDA
07-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi I think chances are why your having chest pains is over thinking it. Having anxiety makes us super aware of every little thing in our bodies.

Your super young and sound like you are doing all the right things to get healthy. I'm sure an ECG would of picked up any heart problems up wether you were having pains or not. Staying away from google may help too.

Do you go to the gym with anyone?
Just next time you go try to take a friend or someone with you it might help to distract you so you don't panic about getting pains.

Hannah :-)

Thanks for the reply hannah & kel37blag :)

I know it's probably just anxiety, i've had 5 ecg's and 2 stress ecg's now im sure something will have been picked up if there was anything wrong, its just hard to get past the mental block of having chest pains and worried your going to get them when exercising. Hopefully i'll crack on this week and just forget about the chest pains, hopefully they'll go on there own if i dont pay them any attention!