PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and depression

scott L
07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Hi all I have had issues with anxiety since I was a child they used to call me a worry wort. I still worry about everything my health my kids my wife economic collapse I worry about how I will cope with grief before grief comes. The worst part of it for me seems to be depression with all the anxiety it seems to be I have a harder time coping with how down I get I get so unhappy I can't laugh or joke I am irritable and do not enjoy anything. I do not look forward to anything because I know I will be to down to enjoy it. So I worry about being worried and depressed and missing out on good times I should be enjoying. The meds help but I hare to accept that I will need them from now on. Do any of you who take ssris worry about being labeled as unstable or crazy? Do any of you worry about loseing some of your rights because of this label? Do you thank some people do need ssris for the rest of there lives? I started taking them thinking once I get through this I won't need them any more but every time I am off them I get down and fell like I need them.I have been off them now for a few months and stopped taking them for the concerns I listed above. I am considering them again and would love to hear your opinions any and all. I would love to hear from some folks in authority positions like policemen or other authorities who have to take ssris on the question of bring labeled unstable. I do not believe myself or that tons of others who need these meds are unstable on or off the meds but u am speeking of the stigmas.

Dahila
07-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Scott welcome to the forum, I see your thread went on 10 page due the unwanted threads a lot of unwanted threads on this forum. I hope you do not get discouraged
So many people take SRRi now that I do not think you lose credibility taking them. Of course I would not tell everyone about it, There is stigma...
People who take them are stable they just need some serotonin to function better.
When you stop taking them pick up some healthy passion or hobby to fill up your day. :) welcome to the forum