PDA

View Full Version : Don't click on posts that you know contain triggers

nf1234
07-08-2014, 10:51 PM
It seems like common sense to not click on posts that you know will trigger you, but some do it anyway. If cancer is a trigger for you and you see a post titled, "Could it be Cancer", don't click it. If religion is a trigger and you see it in the title, don't click it. If heart issues are triggers and you see something about it in a title, don't click it.

Suppose you are allergic to peanut butter. A friend of yours comes over and brings a peanut butter sandwich. It is sealed in a bag and written in large letters on both sides are "peanut butter sandwich". You read the label, knowing you are allergic to peanut butter, and eat it anyway. Then you have an allergic reaction and curse your friend for daring to bring peanut butter into your house. Who is really at fault?

Stop eating the peanut butter sandwiches and blaming your friend for bringing the sandwich! He shouldn't have to stop eating peanut butter sandwiches just because you can't control your desire to eat them.

Prayer for Anxiety
07-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Great advice nf1234!

Exactice
07-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Good point... but remember we are humans first, we have natural tendencies to do things.

Good example is, dont click here for a trigger.... guess what I clicked anyways as I was "Curious"

Secondly someone is walking on a bridge and says "Dont look down" What do you think someone will do???? Exactly look down

Its humans nature of curiosity to click.....

Heck look at some of the threads on here about google.....we all know google is evil but we still end up clicking hahahaahah it happens.

I say if we want to keep it simple, a sub forum for specific trigger topics =)

nf1234
07-09-2014, 02:35 PM
I like that idea Exactice!