PDA

View Full Version : How to start praying for anxiety relief

Prayer for Anxiety
07-08-2014, 10:13 AM
<This post is not meant to be a place to debate or ridicule religion. It is meant to be offered as an option for those who are suffering. Please be respectful to those who seek help of this kind. Thank you.>

Prayer is a powerful tool for getting free from anxiety. Millions of people use it everyday to help them stay centered and at peace. If you have never tried it, give it a shot.

Many people wonder, "How do you pray to God?" It's really not hard at all.

First of all, find a quiet place and turn off your phone, computer, etc...
Then, just start talking to God. He's listening.
Try talking to him out loud. Praying out loud can be incredibly liberating. So just start...

Tell God all your worries and fears. Tell him about your wounds. Open up your heart to his Spirit and let him begin to free you and heal you.

If you have trouble getting started you can try phrases like:

Dear Lord, please hear me…
Loving Father, I need your help with…
Jesus, Please help me stop worrying about...

Just let it all out. You can cry, shout, whisper or even scream if you have to. Your heavenly Father wants to hear you. He wants to help you.

Communication with God is a dialog. After you are done praying (yes, all that talking and even shouting was prayer!) just sit silently for a bit and listen. See if God has something to say to your heart.

Then, if you have a Bible, open it up to a favorite chapter of yours and begin to read. Read the Psalms. There is an incredible amount of lessons to be learned about trusting God in the Psalms.

Remember at some time in your prayer that Jesus gave his life for you. This means that you can stand before God with confidence no matter what has occurred in your life.

Many blessings to you!
Vince

Ankhsious
07-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks. Anything that gives you a "letting go and let the universe resolve it" energy is a huge step to calming anxiety.

But for expert problem solvers, this is a tough transition!

ChildofGod
07-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Yes prayer is powerful! I made prayers out of Bible passages to use when I would get anxious. They really helped. Here are two prayers I made out of Bible passages:

Dear Father in heaven,
Please don't let me be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present my requests to you. And please give me your peace which transcends all understanding, and will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. In Jesus' name, amen.

That comes from this verse:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

and

Dear Father in heaven, Please help me trust in you with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding, In Jesus' name amen.

That comes from this verse, Proverbs 3:9, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

Ponder
07-08-2014, 07:07 PM
It's preaching - and not the place to do it.

Dahila
07-08-2014, 07:13 PM
You guys are ............ :)))))))))) ..............
do you need information how to report me? I help you out Argentina
You do not deserve my attention

Prayer for Anxiety
07-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks for these prayers ChildofGod. I send you a blessing and a hug!

nf1234
07-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Thank you for this! :)

Ponder
07-09-2014, 12:01 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x30/davekyn/Imsuffering_zpsb69245b9.jpg

They deserve each other Dahila - each as fucked in the head as the other - they know not what forum they are in. We shall forgive them - just this once. ;)

Ponder
07-09-2014, 12:06 AM
If they wish to continue - lets break some bread - get the Bible out and really up the anty - Cheapen it whilst as the same time, bring it to a head sooner than later. This forum is NOT for preaching and or Cult activity.

Ponder
07-09-2014, 12:59 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x30/davekyn/NO_zps26b9f6a6.jpeg http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x30/davekyn/bin_zps21cbc545.png

Dahila
07-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Ponder they are not worth our time, just leave them to do their own killing, it comes soon.

Joe.
07-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Ponder, I don't believe in a God, well the God their call God; but really so what? Religion is not harmful ponder.
I'm a deist by the way.

Dahila
07-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Joe you probably do not know about Ponder past and how much harm religious folks did to him. It is a major trigger for him. It makes me upset also. I want people to accept each other but not to push someone beliefs on others.
I believe in healing power of trees and I do never push it on people.
Acceptance is such luxury, it is hard to come upon it..

Joe.
07-09-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't mean this in an offensive way

So......bad actions by some religious folk will change the perception of the idea of religion for some people? Surely that's irrational? RELIGION IS WRONG to me but the people, some are nice. Some aren't, should this then affect the perception of religion?

needtogetwell
07-09-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't mean this in an offensive way So......bad actions by some religious folk will change the perception of the idea of religion for some people? Surely that's irrational? RELIGION IS WRONG to me but the people, some are nice. Some aren't, should this then affect the perception of religion?

First off, I apologize to Dave for doing this quote thing, I don't like to do it but I don't have the brain power today to keep my thoughts in a straight line.

Joe, no offense taken.

I certainly believe that bad actions by some towards others can and will change the perception and idea of religion. But it is not restricted to religion.

Let's flip this on it's head for a second and look at it in another context. If you met a nice Nazi, would you think that what they believe was inherently good? Probably not.

I think we are all influenced by our life experiences, for better or worse. Some of us have bad experiences with organized zealotry we call religion and has damaged their perceptions on religion and rightfully so. Just as the persecution of the Jews in WW2 has irrevocably damaged the perceptions of Germany of the time and all it stood for.

I hope I'm making some sense, pain pills do a number on my thought processes.