PDA

View Full Version : Im helpless already. Im confused...

crappygal
06-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Hello everyone im 19 this year and i dont know what is it im suffering from. I dont know what exactly im feeling now..confused, lost..
Im not sure whether this is anxiety, depression, or maybe just stress...

I had a bad past; Fam dysfuntional, loss of a loved ones etc..
Somehow the past keeps disturbing my mind..i guess i havent learn how to let go....

Currently, i have to juggle sch work, housework, fam altogether. Im kinda pressured to be the best in everthing.

Also, I tend to worry too much. I think its freaking my boyfriend out. I also get worked out easily, and its affecting our relationship.

I feel very insecure about myself. I have a very low self esteem and i believe my bf is somewhat too hot for me.

I dont usually share my probs, but sometimes when i do, i don't get the comfort that i want. Makes me more reluctant to share my probs out.

I wanted to go to a doc, but im financially unstable...
I just dont know what to do anymore.

trackstar
06-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I just finished a cbt group that has made my panic and anxiety so much better. My therapist said it was important to let others know about our success with cbt so others can find relief with it. I have learned so much in the past 16-weeks and feel like the skills I have learned to manage my anxiety will continue to help me for the rest of my life. You really should try and join a cbt group or if you can't afford a group read some cbt books. There's a real simple one we used in my group by author sam obitz (who had a dysfunctional family like yours) that is very reassuring and if you do the exercises you will start illiminating your anxiety in a matter of a weeks. Give cbt a try it will help you help yourself feel a lot better.

squirt
06-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I was in a cbt group too and it changed my life. Trackstars advice is solid and I love the tea form exercise from the book by Sam Obitz trackstar mentioned and still use them regularly to manage my anxieties.