PDA

View Full Version : Vacation anxiety

anxietysux
07-07-2014, 04:24 AM
I am currently on vacation and am having the worst anxiety. I hate being out if my comfort zone. Anyone ever get this??

Kixxi
07-07-2014, 05:37 AM
I am currently on vacation and am having the worst anxiety. I hate being out if my comfort zone. Anyone ever get this??

Loads of times. The first time I went on holiday with my fiancé and his family was a true hell for me. But, I noticed that the anxiety would go down considerably after a few bad days. I think my body couldn't handle any more. It will get better. You just need to adapt to where you are. Find a "safe place". When you get an attack outside your vacation home, try finding a spot that is a bit quiet with no people and find a safe person to guide you through it. That's how I dealt with the majority of it.

anxietysux
07-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Thanks! I'm trying... My husband should be here hopefully tomorrow so I'm hoping that will help.

meichmann
07-07-2014, 06:16 AM
It's horrible when someone gets vacation anxiety. Vacation is meant for a time to relax and enjoy. I can relate to being out of the "Comfort Zone". Like Kixxi said, you need to find a safe place. It's tough since everything around you isn't as familiar as home, but you will find a spot. Hopefully having the hubby there will help you.