PDA

View Full Version : Advice for todays issue

amielou
07-05-2014, 07:34 AM
The past few weeks have been great and I haven't had any anxiety or issues, i've been working, exercising and eating healthily which I think have played a big part. However today Ive had a bit of a freak out, the other day I asked a friend what she was doing on Saturday night and she said another friend had asked if she wanted to go to a gig, I immediately felt a bit anxious because she hadn't text me but I tried to calm down and thought maybe she would text me later and sure enough the next day she did. She said that she had 2 free tickets for the gig and was giving one to our other friend as a thank you for helping her move house but that I should get a ticket and go with them and a few of our other friends who were going. I know this is a completely normal situation and there's nothing about it that should upset me so why does it? Deep down my confused mind is thinking that the girl with the tickets has picked our other friend over me, i'm reading so much into it like they don't want me to go, and that they're going to be annoyed it's not just the 2 of them. The other friend the one who she's given the ticket too, hasn't really mentioned it to me since and in my head thats because she doesn't want me to come when I guess the reality is she's busy at work and isn't thinking about it. I'm better friends with both of them than they are with each other and I guess I feel like if they do something together like this then they're gonna become closer and eventually push me out, thats the underlying fear. I have no faith in either of them even though I probably should and just feel like they want it to just be the 2 of them and don't want me there :( any advice much appreciated, or someone tell me i'm just being stupid and there's nothing to worry about?

JohnC
07-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi amielou,
I would just call them and ask them. She texted you so she probably does want you to go. It's an ackward situation when you have 2 free tickets and 3 or 4 friends. Good luck and don't worry.;)