PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause headaches?

sean17
07-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi Can anxiety cause headaches? ive had a headache for 3 days now could it be caused by light sensitivity my eyes are overly sensitive to light When I go out during the day or sitting in a bright room my eyes are always straining because of the sunlight and it just seems too bright.. makes me feel dizzy and i feel disconnected and feels like im falling when im walking, and it just seems like my eyes are always straining when looking at the computer screen ive had my eyes tested a couple of weeks ago. or could it be heat stroke or hay fever.

thanks

raggamuffin
07-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Yes it can. Anxiety can cause virtually any symptom you can imagine. But anxiety is a by product of a Mind Body Disorder - where the brain is causing the body to feel pain as a warning to reduce stress. It's knocking at the door, but you don't understand. So it knocks louder (creating more pains and symptoms) but you don't know what to do, so it rings the doorbell before throwing a brick through the window. When we're in pain or when we feel anxiety it activates the same parts in our brain which actually lower our pain tolerance so that we actually feel more pain.

I'd recommend reading Unlearn Your Pain. It's written by a Dr -Schubiner and is a 28 day plan (that requires daily perseverance and dedication) but will help you identify the stressors in your life and manage them to reduce and eventually make all these symptoms disappear.

Ed