PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone, it's been a while...

meichmann
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on a quite a while. My CBT has been going very well. We found the roots to my anxiety, panic disorder and PTSD and have been working on getting it under control. I haven't had any anxiety in a while (at least a month), even though I have been through some very rough patches the past couple weeks my anxiety never reared its ugly head.

That all ended tonight. No matter what I do, the second my son (he's 3) says he doesn't feel well and his belly hurts, my anxiety kicks in through the roof. I get this overwhelming feeling that I am going to vomit, but I don't get any nausea (if that makes any sense). I also get the prickly heat all over and I have to keep moving to keep my mind off of it. Does anyone else ever get anxious over their children when they are sick?

I have learned some very useful tools to help the anxiety dissipate, but for some reason it really doesn't help when it comes to my son. Thank goodness I had some stuff to move after he went to bed. It helped keep my mind off of the anxiety.

Coming here definitely helps, and I should have kept coming here on a more regular basis. I will start coming back even if it's just to offer help for someone that needs it.

I am starting to calm down now. I am so glad this forum is around. When I first came here it helped me so much. Now that I am a "Veteran" of the forum (so to speak), knowing that I can help someone in need is a great feeling to have.

I hope everyone is feeling well and I hope to speak with you all soon!

Kixxi
07-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Hi meichmann,

Nice to meet you. Although I am quite new to this forum I been struggling with anxiety for years. I do recognize your symptoms, I to get a flare of anxiety when I'm in a stressful situation. But reading your story I can tell you are dealing with it really well. Congratulations for that. You should be so proud of yourself.

meichmann
07-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Kixxi,
Believe me I am very proud of my progress. I have come a long way from when I first started the CBT. I just hope with continuing visits, the flare ups will be miniscule.

Kixxi
07-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Kixxi,
Believe me I am very proud of my progress. I have come a long way from when I first started the CBT. I just hope with continuing visits, the flare ups will be miniscule.

I'm glad to hear that your treatment is going well. I also found so much support here and it also reduced my anxiety. So I believe you done right coming here ;)