PDA

View Full Version : "Hyper-focus" anyone else?

Thinkitso
06-28-2014, 11:33 PM
I have a long standing diagnosis of anxiety but recently ADHD was added, largely based on consistant "hyper-focus" problem.

I zero in on whatever I'm doing, all my muscles tense, I begin fidgeting, sweating, rocking, trying hard to 'get it'. If it's writing, like this para, I feel possessed with the need to penetrate deep into the subject, while fighting urges to pay attention to the tv in the background, my dog with her ball, and just anything else. I feel dissatisfied with what I write, and I simultaneously want to take more time to think this through, and just hit submit with the concept half-baked and inarticulate. The processes is fatiguing, I'm already getting tired, irritable, can't sustain it, when I finish it feels like heavy shackles have been removed from my head and shoulders. My muscles I flex. My eyebrows unfurrow.

When I read, all the same happens but I get bored and distracted, my attention wonders, I force myself back to the page, read the same thing over and over until the words become meaningless symbols--> 0 comprehension 100 frustration.

Same thing when I try and think through an issue. My toes curl, my shoulders hike up to my ears, my body contorts like a person turning into a wear wolf in the movies (or into a zombie like in the recent brad Pitt one), I frown, I get mildly upset, I start to feel like I'd rather do anything else than what I'm doing.

Does anyone who doesn't have ADHD but does have anxiety or something else experience anything like this at all? Alt. does anyone who does have ADHD (if you happen to be on the forum) experience this? Need help, thanks guys.