PDA

View Full Version : What makes vertigo worse?

Joe.
06-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Today has been a good day anxiety wise, but for most of the day I have had severe vertigo ( and I have been busy as well).
Just wondering why has today's vertigo been much worse than normal?
If there's factors which can mean vertigo can be worse if......., then I can plan ahead to minimize vertigo.

Fourteen14
06-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Today has been a good day anxiety wise, but for most of the day I have had severe vertigo ( and I have been busy as well). Just wondering why has today's vertigo been much worse than normal? If there's factors which can mean vertigo can be worse if......., then I can plan ahead to minimize vertigo.

Sometimes pollen/allergies can cause inflammation in the eustachian tubes of the ear, which can cause you to feel dizzy, anxiety as a result of the sensation can then make it even worse.

Dehydration also plays a part as well.

Fourteen14
06-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Is it worse when you move your eyes?

Joe.
06-26-2014, 03:44 PM
I've never really thought I've got any pollen allergies, maybe. The doctor say's it's BPVV. I am a bit OCD with drinking I need to drink often or I panic!
Sometimes pollen/allergies can cause inflammation in the eustachian tubes of the ear, which can cause you to feel dizzy, anxiety as a result of the sensation can then make it even worse.

Dehydration also plays a part as well.

Joe.
06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Is it worse when you move your eyes?
Can be. I've noticed it's worse in certain positions and when moving quickly. Right now I'm spinning haha

Fourteen14
06-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Can be. I've noticed it's worse in certain positions and when moving quickly. Right now I'm spinning haha

If it's BPPV there are techniques your GP can do to get rid of the debris, until it's out, your eyes need to compensate the imbalance.

Not a lot to prevent it other than avoiding caffeine and not sleeping flat on your back .

Hope it passes quickly :)

Joe.
06-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I've heard of the epley maneuver, and the other week I went to the doctors to have it done. However as I have a fear of the doctors, I had a massive panic attack while there and had to leave, reluctant to go back.

Fourteen14
06-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Epley is a really good technique (can be done at home) but more effective by a PT.

There is nothing to worry about, you literally lay on the couch and they flip you into 4 positions, (very gently) then it's all done.

No tests no prodding and poking, it's quite fun!

:)

Joe.
06-26-2014, 04:09 PM
I think once I'm back from London, I'll book an appointment!
Even if I panic, where better to panic XD.

I think I'm going to try to get some medication for the journey to London, I anticipate vertigo.
(My vertigo is calming down now, I'm not spinning now just a bit of my surroundings.) :)

Fourteen14
06-26-2014, 04:13 PM
This is another technique to do at home.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VWyPgfMuvM