PDA

View Full Version : Psychedelics

NervousNiki
06-25-2014, 06:48 AM
I have been seeing much these days concerning psychedelics helping people to overcome their anxiety. I have had my share of psychedelic experiences over the course of my life, though it has been at least ten years since I last did any. Funny thing is, before all of this information started making it's way to me, I had mentioned to a friend that I think I want to try DMT to see if it helps with my anxiety. I smoke pot regularly. I would be lying if I said that this does not affect my anxiety. It does. If I stay cooped up in the house and do nothing with being stoned, my head runs and runs and runs. So now I'm a two-hitter quitter before I go out for a walk or outside to read or write. Anyway, curious if anyone has tried any psychedelics since having anxiety. I can see how it might not be a good thing and the intense feeling that comes with consuming hallucinogenics. But, having experience with such substances, I can see how it would be very beneficial. I am especially interested in DMT. Not just out with friends and getting effed up, but in a controlled setting, with someone who is safe and experienced and with someone I feel safe with. I hope to hear back with any thoughts and experiences. :)

Anne1221
06-25-2014, 11:16 AM
I personally wouldn't dare try any type of psychedelics. I don't see how that is going to help your anxiety and it could make it worse. I like positive things like vigorous exercise and healthy eating. And, yes, I've always been a "goody goody". That being said, just be careful as it sounds a bit risky to me.

Anne1221
06-25-2014, 11:25 AM
I had to look up DMT because I didn't know what it was. Goodness, don't try that...look at what I found: "Officers encountered a naked, screaming man when they responded to a disturbance call at a San Fernando Valley apartment that authorities later determined was being used to manufacture a powerful hallucinogenic drug often referred to as "Businessman's LSD." Now that is scary for anyone but especially not good for someone with anxiety!

Fourteen14
06-25-2014, 11:48 AM
I agree with Anne!

2 points of concern.

1. Recreational drugs don't mix well with medications.

2. Drug misuse is one of the leading contributing factors in the acute onset of psychosis.

Scdg17
06-25-2014, 01:49 PM
I see where you're coming from Niki.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water and say "all drug are bad." There are many factors involved that can determine if they are beneficial or make matters worse and it's not universal.
I was a dangerous drug abuse back in the day. Became sober. And started to develop a safe, healthy, relationship with some drugs.
DMT is one of those things that like you said needs to be done in a controlled setting and when you're mind is at ease.
I did DMT at one if the most chaotic setting ever and was NOT in a good mind frame but i still got alot of information and insight out of the experience that change my perspective similarly how a first acid trip does.
If you have any questions, concerns, etc, feel free to message me. This is a subject I feel very passionate about.

Fourteen14
06-25-2014, 02:02 PM
I see where you're coming from Niki. Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water and say "all drug are bad." There are many factors involved that can determine if they are beneficial or make matters worse and it's not universal. .

One of the major risk factors in taking DMT is to those already suffering with mental health, in particular those at risk of self harm.

I'm not throwing any babies out of any bath water, my concern is to get the point across to those who may be reading the thread.

Drugs (cannabis, cocaine, DMT, LSD) and alcohol are amongst the most common reasons for call outs by the mental health crisis team.

I'm not trying to play "dad" I'm simply genuinely concerned about peoples wellbeing.

If people go through their GP get licensed medication, therapy and support, they have a good chance at living a good life in reality, therefore making the need to escape with drug use redundant.

Scdg17
06-25-2014, 07:44 PM
One of the major risk factors in taking DMT is to those already suffering with mental health, in particular those at risk of self harm.

I'm not throwing any babies out of any bath water, my concern is to get the point across to those who may be reading the thread.

Drugs (cannabis, cocaine, DMT, LSD) and alcohol are amongst the most common reasons for call outs by the mental health crisis team.

I'm not trying to play "dad" I'm simply genuinely concerned about peoples wellbeing.

If people go through their GP get licensed medication, therapy and support, they have a good chance at living a good life in reality, therefore making the need to escape with drug use redundant.

I don't encourage drug use unless someone has full awareness of what they're putting in their body, have done their research, know the possible consequences, and has had prior experience with drug use.
I believe SOME drugs are no different than the prescriptions we are prescribed so easily. The only difference is the stigma of illicits verses the gross acceptance of pills.
If you have a pre existing mental condition such as psychosis, bipolar, schizophrenia, etc....then might wana be cautious ingesting anything that might flare that up. Duh. But for anxiety, PTSD, depression...some drugs can work wonders. That's why their are studies going on where participants ingest MDMA during therapy sessions and work through their issues.
Not all therapy, SSRIs, and typical western medicine work for everyone. Sometimes the catalyst needed is a mind expanding drug to shift perception.
I'm aggressively against drugs like alcohol, cocaine, ketamine, and opiates. But through my experiences and many others, I'm all for SAFE and INTENTIONAL use of MDMA, DMT, Ayahuasca, peyote, LSD, and psilocybin in moderate, monitored doses for healing purposes only.

GeneAllen
06-25-2014, 08:52 PM
ibeginagain.com

I don't discourage or encourage this, however it's proven success, says something. This is for information purposes only. Steve Jobs who was the founder of APPLE stated the best thing he ever did was LSD.

I have no experience with these drugs, smoked pot years ago, didn't prefer it. That's my experience. Very limited. It's funny though the horror stories pop out all over the place when this is brought up as a serious question.

In the right context and with the proper education or ceremonial use, these practices have existed long before PROZAC, or Xanax, and we all know the stories there too.

Peace, you have your answers. Be well informed think it through long and hard, be clear about your choices.

Dahila
06-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Niki do not do any psychedelics, you need to have a life and it is possible that there is not way to go back. I am older generation ; generation of drugs and LSD, To use these kind of drugs or the mushroom or whatever (in nature there is tons of psychedelics plants ) you really need to have a knowledge.
No it will not help, rather cause even more anxiety and depression. I had not read it, I had lived it.

Please make more peaceful and healthier choices, experimenting with this kind of drugs could cost you a lot...

Scdg there is not SAFE using of MDMA , DMT, Ayahuasca, peyote. Lsd and psilocybin and it does not heal...

Scdg17
06-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Niki do not do any psychedelics, you need to have a life and it is possible that there is not way to go back. I am older generation ; generation of drugs and LSD, To use these kind of drugs or the mushroom or whatever (in nature there is tons of psychedelics plants ) you really need to have a knowledge.
No it will not help, rather cause even more anxiety and depression. I had not read it, I had lived it.

Please make more peaceful and healthier choices, experimenting with this kind of drugs could cost you a lot...

Scdg there is not SAFE using of MDMA , DMT, Ayahuasca, peyote. Lsd and psilocybin and it does not heal...

Everyone has different experiences. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative one.
I can testify strongly that on several occasions I've had healing benefits. Especially the time I did ayahuasca. There's a reason it's been around for centuries. And why cannabis use is becoming legalized.
I'm an anxious, depressed person by nature. At my wits end, trying desperately to get over my emotional past, that's when I returned to spiritual psychedelic therapy. I'm in no way saying that everyone should do it. But it's an option for the adventurous types who aren't showing much improvement from pills and therapy sessions.

Google "MDMA and PTSD" and see how many studies have and continue to go on because of the obvious beneficial effects it has.

Also, psilocybin helps with cluster headaches. And Ibogaine and ayahausca helps with opiate withdrawals.

Like I said, this is something I feel passionate about and the more scientific evidence, the more this stigma of drugs will dissipate.

Dahila
06-26-2014, 08:10 AM
I have nothing against cannabis but I do have strong resistance to others. To many people died, to many friends lost to early, in 20 years you are going to change your opinion either. I promise you ;)) I am not critical or insulting believe me, :))