PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have cardiophobia?

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Just wondering... I know a lot of people with it like to get a lot of check ups but i cant stand anything do with it, i cant listen to the word in most songs with the way the lyrics are said, the thing itself scares me and the sound and everything about it scares me! I dont know... Just wondering if anyone can relate?

Joe.
06-23-2014, 01:21 PM
It does scare me as well, not to the extent of a phobia though. I do avoid anything medical to do with 'it' (I will call it IT), I often have this weird idea that at any second IT could stop!

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Lol! Thanks for calling it IT... Better than using the word.. It triggers me! Haha! You know when you worry about it stopping does it get worse on the evening/night

Joe.
06-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Lol! Thanks for calling it IT... Better than using the word.. It triggers me! Haha! You know when you worry about it stopping does it get worse on the evening/nightIt's actually worse in the morning. XD I seem to be in a good mood later at night and panicky and anxious in the morning.

Fourteen14
06-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi EmetSoph. Great to see you back! :)

Just wanted to bring a little bit of reassurance that it is extremely rare (unless someone is very poorly and generally already being treated for IT), that IT will ever stop (not for at least another 60 years) :)

The human body is EXTREMELY good at keeping IT going, and it is EXTREMELY HARD to stop IT.

Worrying makes IT only beat faster, that's all.

There is nothing to fear (at least for 60 years) :)

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 01:36 PM
It's actually worse in the morning. XD I seem to be in a good mood later at night and panicky and anxious in the morning.
Wow! Really!? I panic in the evening and it just gives worse into the night! Im awake until late panicking hahah! Im happy in the morning because i know i have survived the night LOL!

Joe.
06-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Wow! Really!? I panic in the evening and it just gives worse into the night! Im awake until late panicking hahah! Im happy in the morning because i know i have survived the night LOL!
I guess I am happy in the night because I have survived the morning! Haha

Just like Fourteen said, even though I fear IT will stop, it won't at my age in actuality. I can convince myself of it, but really will it happen?

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi EmetSoph. Great to see you back! :)

Just wanted to bring a little bit of reassurance that it is extremely rare (unless someone is very poorly and generally already being treated for IT), that IT will ever stop (not for at least another 60 years) :)

The human body is EXTREMELY good at keeping IT going, and it is EXTREMELY HARD to stop IT.

Worrying makes IT only beat faster, that's all.

There is nothing to fear (at least for 60 years) :)

Hii:)
I really wish it was that easy to stop the worrying about it but its like once its in your mind its just seems impossible to stop! I mean i dont think i should have started talking about it because im already working myself up because i thinking about it! *little scream*

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 01:50 PM
I guess I am happy in the night because I have survived the morning! Haha

Just like Fourteen said, even though I fear IT will stop, it won't at my age in actuality. I can convince myself of it, but really will it happen?

I used to think like that but now its kinda taking hold to much! Haha

Fourteen14
06-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Hii:) I really wish it was that easy to stop the worrying about it but its like once its in your mind its just seems impossible to stop! I mean i dont think i should have started talking about it because im already working myself up because i thinking about it! *little scream*

I totally understand what you mean (I still worry about mine occasionally).

Sometimes it's a good idea to think of the last few months how many times did you worry about IT stopping, and how many times did IT actually stop?

I'm guessing that's LOTS and ZERO :)

Is there a theme? Is it likely that if you give yourself a few days off worrying about IT that it will just carry on as normal.

If your worst fears came true (which they won't) but if they did, what could you do to control it?

What does the worry do to change things?

Does worrying make you feel good or bad?

You can feel better, even feel good, let IT do it's thing, IT is really good at its job, and doesn't need anyone to worry about IT.

Lots of people worry (you aren't alone) you will get there! :)

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 02:10 PM
I totally understand what you mean (I still worry about mine occasionally).

Sometimes it's a good idea to think of the last few months how many times did you worry about IT stopping, and how many times did IT actually stop?

I'm guessing that's LOTS and ZERO :)

Is there a theme? Is it likely that if you give yourself a few days off worrying about IT that it will just carry on as normal.

If your worst fears came true (which they won't) but if they did, what could you do to control it?

What does the worry do to change things?

Does worrying make you feel good or bad?

You can feel better, even feel good, let IT do it's thing, IT is really good at its job, and doesn't need anyone to worry about IT.

Lots of people worry (you aren't alone) you will get there! :)

Awhh! Thankyou :) i completely understand what you are saying, i suppose i need to put a lot of practise in to telling myself this stuff... What also helps is writing it all down and then showing my therapist :) helps ALOT! Hehe

Fourteen14
06-23-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm sure your therapist will build a great relationship with you, and you will build your own strategies together to get you feeling great again :)

The forum is just a place to get things off your chest with people going through similar things.

Another way to think about it is, that your brain and IT, are the 2 coolest pieces of kit in the body, they are literally best friends who rely on each other, and if they are left do their own thing, they get along great.

If you imagine worrying thoughts are like a disruptive bully that interrupts their conversation, they can get a bit scared.

If we manage to get rid (or quiet down) the bully, they go back to having great conversations and are both happy. :)

Wishing you all the best :)

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm sure your therapist will build a great relationship with you, and you will build your own strategies together to get you feeling great again :)

The forum is just a place to get things off your chest with people going through similar things.

Another way to think about it is, that your brain and IT, are the 2 coolest pieces of kit in the body, they are literally best friends who rely on each other, and if they are left do their own thing, they get along great.

If you imagine worrying thoughts are like a disruptive bully that interrupts their conversation, they can get a bit scared.

If we manage to get rid (or quiet down) the bully, they go back to having great conversations and are both happy. :)

Wishing you all the best :)

awh! That is a really good way of looking at it! Thank you very much! :)

EmetSoph
06-23-2014, 04:35 PM
What's crabiophobia fear of crabs, or Maine lobster? Serious please, never heard of it.

Crabiophobia? Umm i have no idea?? Hahah! Oppsy sorry do you mean cardiophobia?

JohnC
06-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Not to butt in to your thread but one good thing about living in this day and age is that when you get a lot older and it ever does stop they start it right back up for you.

EmetSoph
06-24-2014, 06:08 AM
Not to butt in to your thread but one good thing about living in this day and age is that when you get a lot older and it ever does stop they start it right back up for you.

Lol! It doesnt always work though, does it? :/ like i could be alone and then there is no way to help you!