PDA

View Full Version : Haywire

JustTess
05-28-2008, 05:47 PM
10 years ago, I had 5-6 panic attacks a day. Now, I haven't had a panic attack in over a year. I even went off of medication 2 years ago. Last year I went back on a low dosage since I can feel the anxiety rising again.

I'm just a bit fustrated since everything seems so inconsistent. I switched psychiatrists because he wasn't on the insurance's list. Then I find out in January I was severely anemic and could have been for over a year. To top it all off, my oldest son was recently diagnosed with ADHD and I'm thinking I probably am too. Sooooooo... I'm stuck. What now?

I mean, I don't know how to proceed. My psychiatrist has me on a plan to quit meds when I see him in two weeks. (I only see him once every 3 months.) I read anemia affects anxiety. Also anxiety is commonly a comorbid condition with ADHD. What gets treated first? How?

I don't like my current psychiatrist... he's very introverted and quiet. He seems to let me decide what I want to do with treatment. For the most part it's great but I hate the 4 different approaches... I'm paying him to give me the best treatment possible... I don't want choices. IDK... maybe I do.

Has anyone on here had to deal with other conditions on top of anxiety? What did your doctor recommend as a course of treatment?

The anemia is slight now... probably due to poor diet.