PDA

View Full Version : Mindfullness and anxiety

Jmar382
06-23-2014, 02:16 AM
I have been practicing mindfulness techniques for about a year now after being hospitalized after having a panic attack. I thought I was dying, Then I stayed in the ward for three months due to depression, anxiety and a low grade psychosis. After a about two months of being out of the ward and having constant panic attacks and anxiety I went into the private system and found much better results

I have GAD. Generalized anxiety disorder. So there is always a certain level of anxiety. I finally fully engaged in mindfulness on a bus ride home and after about ten minuets of meditation, my anxiety disappeared and I was anxiety free for the first time in two years. Anxiety levels returned to their base line after about half an hour.

I was just wondering If anyone else has had any similar experiences with mindfulness and anxiety and what advice they can give

Dahila
06-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the forum, we have a few interesting threads about mindfulness meditation and it is not new for a lot of people. Try to check the stickies also:)