PDA

View Full Version : hi just wondering

lh80903
06-21-2014, 09:28 AM
I new here and have anxiety worry about alot of stuff like end of the world having problems
I am seeing a doctor for that. Just wondering it can cause a person to have sleeping ploblems I
Can fall asleep but awake a 3 or 4 am can't get back to sleep any suggestions and can the
Anxiety medicine cause vivid dreams I take escitalopram.

Anne1221
06-21-2014, 10:12 AM
I wake up too in the middle of the night but not sure if it's the lexapro or not. Overall, the lexapro makes me sleep more.

Ritch
06-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Anxiety can cause you to wake up the middle of the night, it is quite common and is something I experience myself. For me lexapro didn't cause vivid dreams, but it may be causing yours. Did you have them before the medication or did they begin after you started the medication? if it is causing you concern you could discuss it with your doctor on your next visit :).

If I am unable to fall back to sleep within twenty minutes, I will usually go and meditate or practice mindfulness in another room until I feel more relaxed then I try to sleep again. How do you feel when you wake up?

lh80903
06-22-2014, 05:56 AM
Anxiety can cause you to wake up the middle of the night, it is quite common and is something I experience myself. For me lexapro didn't cause vivid dreams, but it may be causing yours. Did you have them before the medication or did they begin after you started the medication? if it is causing you concern you could discuss it with your doctor on your next visit :).

If I am unable to fall back to sleep within twenty minutes, I will usually go and meditate or practice mindfulness in another room until I feel more relaxed then I try to sleep again. How do you feel when you wake up?

I wake up tired doctor put me on sleep medicine but not working

trinidiva
06-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Try some chamomile tea before bed. It helps me tremendously and I can usually then stay asleep for the entire night.

lh80903
06-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Try some chamomile tea before bed. It helps me tremendously and I can usually then stay asleep for the entire night.
Thanks I will try that

John_Mark
06-22-2014, 09:17 AM

True. I tried it before and it worked. Thanks again.

lh80903
06-23-2014, 07:04 AM
True. I tried it before and it worked. Thanks again.
I try the tea it didn't work for me

trinidiva
06-23-2014, 07:47 AM
Really? You drank it right before bed? Are you cutting out caffeine after 5pm?

Dahila
06-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Camomile tea is weak, it calms one down, due the sipping and mindset. I do not sleep without meds for the last ten years or so. Then I wake up few times a night, and like Ritch practice meditation, then go back to sleep.

trinidiva
06-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Camomile tea is weak, it calms one down, due the sipping and mindset. I do not sleep without meds for the last ten years or so. Then I wake up few times a night, and like Ritch practice meditation, then go back to sleep.

Wow.....ten years, my friend? Is it actually anxiety that keeps you up, or could it be actually something medical, like sleep apnea or something like that? I just have sleep issues when my anxiety levels are elevated. ..which usually is during' that' time of the month.

lh80903
06-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Really? You drank it right before bed? Are you cutting out caffeine after 5pm?
Drank it before bed no caffeine