PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the root of my anxiety at last...

Chatative
06-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Hey folks,

I'm not seeing as many names I recognize from earlier in the year... I guess that should be comforting, hopefully people are getting to grips with their problems & moving on! Hope you are all doing well if you are lurking! :)

I've now had two 1 hour appointments talking over my problems after my initial referral. They seem to have said from very early on that it seems I have an anxiety disorder. GAD was thought to be most likely but nothing has been said for sure. They also think I show some Asperger's & hyperactivity symptoms but not the whole range with either.

I debated it a while ago & have now decided to go down the medication route. I'm realising my problems are more deep-rooted now they keep re-appearing & have been told that medication is usually very effective with anxiety disorders. Will be staring 10mg of Citalopram next week.

I've got another two 1 hour appointments focusing on my anxiety over the next few weeks & I think I'll be starting some CBT after those.

I'm feeling quite positive that I am starting to get to the root of all my issues now. Might make some more posts when I know exactly what is going on about dealing with specifics.

Chat.