PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about a test I have to take tomorrow?

savingkie
06-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi!
It's finals week, which would normally give me absolutely no issue, yet this time around, it's been giving me a lot of issues. I've never had any issues with test taking in the past, it's just been since December when my OCD/anxiety really started to act up. I study plenty and I'm not necessarily worried about the grades as I've always been on the honor roll, I'm scared that for some strange reason, I'd freak out during the test. I don't know exactly what creaking out refers to, but I guess I mean that I'm scared I'll "lose it" in the middle of the test and do something considered crazy, such as leaving and not finishing the test or starting to cry or something. For the past 3 tests, I've had a really hard time focusing, almost so much that I feel like crying, and I feel kind of fidgety, and it seriously feels like I'm losing my mind. I do get to take my test in an alternate location due to my anxiety, but I still feel sort of trapped, as being at school and taking an important test makes me really anxious. If I were to take it at home, I'd be absolutely fine, but something about taking it at school makes me so anxious.

I would really appreciate some tips, as I'd like to do as well on my exams as possible while being able to have a clear mind and focus! Thanks :)

Anne1221
06-19-2014, 09:02 PM
You know, something happens when you finally have that test in front of you. You just focus on taking the test and answering as many as you can. It's always the before time that is bad. You'll be fine. Now go get an A!