PDA

View Full Version : blood clot fears back again

Andyw88
06-19-2014, 05:38 PM
hi all not been on the site for a while anxietys been much better however my legs have been achey i walked a lot today, and now my left leg feels cold and slightly numb, so im worried about blood clots again, its not actually hurting me anymore just get the feeling a draft is blowing on my leg, as anyone else experienced this, i know its probably not a blood clot my anxiety mind is ticking :(

JohnC
06-19-2014, 06:27 PM
I am no doctor but the symptoms that i have heard on blood clots in the legs are swollen and very warm spots on the leg and painful.

Dahila
06-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Listen man, My man came from hospital with major clothing in his leg, twice the size, very hot and painful, it was a second time. If it was a blood clot you would not be able to walk so stop this nonsense please. Chose something else maybe, I am extra sensitive on whining about blood clots.
Numbing and cold is cause you sit down here and type for hours if not here, you check the google. Move around play tennis or soccer or basketball and you will forget quickly about your fears. Keep yourself busy

Anne1221
06-19-2014, 09:00 PM
My legs get achy too if I walk a lot. I thought people got blood clots when they were on airplanes and couldn't walk around.

Aimseykins
06-19-2014, 09:07 PM
I, too, had fear of blood clots. My deceased mother had poor circulation for a lot of her life and a PE is what contributed to her early death. I even went into Urgent Care one evening thinking I just had a PE or a heart attack and neither of those were true. What I can tell you is that she had a lot of swelling, redness, and heat in her legs. A lot of walking can cause what you are feeling and I would say that you just try to distract your mind and wait it out. Whatever you do, stay away from Google. It isn't a doctor and I swear that it is designed to simply scare the pants off of everyone. Have you tried to take some naproxen or anything of the like? I have found that Aleve works really well on a lot of my muscle aches.

Dahila
06-19-2014, 09:52 PM
There is a very small percentage of people who get blood clot without any reason. My hubby had three major operation on his legs.

trinidiva
06-20-2014, 05:42 AM
Yep..its definitely not a clot. Went through a similar scare a few months back after having some swelling behind my knee....turned out to be a baker's cyst which went away on it's own.

Dahila
06-20-2014, 07:43 AM
my ankles swell every day, I must have a massive clot