PDA

View Full Version : Derealisation

Joe.
06-18-2014, 12:13 PM
When I'm anxious I often feel disconnected from the world, it's hard to describe, the word derealisation best describes it.

I was just wondering, is there any ways specifically to 'treat' or get rid of the symptom?

Ponder
06-18-2014, 01:22 PM
YES - Stay Unplugged!

It's good to disconnect from time to time. When I am disconnected from the world, I am at total peace. Most things in this world are now Fake as opposed to Real - "Oh but wait there is more!" - Todays affirmation is as follows:

If your looking to think and do as everyone else - just find a TV screen - a good 4 days 24/7 will have to back on the rails - go into a mall or sit in a medical clinic - they all have displays to feed everyone a healthy dose of expected realization. You'll know all the latest lingo, dress codes, how to move, talk, walk and even give a big white toothy smile!. You'll know everything from which car not to buy, to what religion one should follow; Hell ... you'll even know which dentist to go to was well - You'll be reprogrammed and back to being human in no time at all.

If you really want to know what's going on - then I recommend healthy dose of disconnecting. The you'll realize it's all quite simple - it's about making people feel inferior in oder to make them conform - every aspect of something being sold is met with a comparison of what you'll be ... if you do not do, follow, or be as expected. Too many expectations compared with some fear factor to keep the masses "in touch" - "up to speed" - "in the know" -

Be careful though - once you work it all out - They'll label you with something and hand you pills. That too, is the norm for those who think they know the way. Chemicalized societal Robots programed to be permanently embedded on that rails - playing the game is short lived ... everyone is tethered no matter how white their smile.

I hope your connection problems work out for you soon.

Signed:
Unplugged!

Zoogirl7
06-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi Joe, Yes this is the anxiety symptom I hate the most and since that's the case ha it's the one I have the most trouble with. Really it's the anxiety and stress fueling it and once the anxiety goes down, you'll find yourself not noticing it as much and it'll taper away. Same as if you felt palpitations or dizziness, once you stop fearing the symptom, it wont bother you much and you'll start letting it go. I wish there was an easy quick fix, but it takes finding the root of your anxiety, calming down, and not focusing on this symptom. It's hard and I battle it every day right now. Sometimes distractions and keeping busy can help. Ironic really, the less you focus on it the faster it'll go away, but it's hard not to focus on it! It can be done though, I promise, I went years without even thinking of it. I just happened to have a big life change recently that increased my anxiety bigtime and here came the anxiety symptoms. You'll get through this. Dont let it stop you from doing anything. It may not always feel good, but in time, it'll loosen its grip and you'll start to forget to focus on it.

AliasEQ
06-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Hey Joe,

First and foremost, it's not dangerous or harmful. This feeling is the result of you being very anxious. Anxiety -> Derealization. So to treat it, you need to deal with your anxiety.

You can do that in many different ways; Exercise, meditation, medication, supplements etc etc. Knowledge is good aswell.

If you want to treat it for the moment and it's stopping you from doing what you want; Distract yourself. Go for a walk, play games, chat with someone, listen to some music or whatever.

Also, learn to enjoy it. Sometimes, the best way to defend yourself is by attacking. I started to enjoy that feeling and friends thought I was funnier :D Funny thing is, when I started to enjoy it - it disappeard.

It didn't and shouldn't be stopping you from anything, always remember, it's a silly feeling that is completly harmless. I could do anything from driving to riding roller-coasters with this feeling.

It's temporary, just don't think of it too much and it should be gone soon. Wish you the best! :)

Elias