PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!!!!!!!!!

mkgirl01
06-17-2014, 10:22 AM
As some of you know my stomach issues.... I started meds for ibs and they helped with bathroom issues but I'm still having the pain in my upper stomach .... It's like pressure and fullness..... I'm now terrified it's a hernia up there and it's going to get strangulated and I'll die... Please anyobe!!!!!

mkgirl01
06-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Please!!!!!!!!'n

Exactice
06-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Have you gone to the doctor? What has the Doctor told you? Im sure its nothing serious, as anxiety is a culprit to enhance a lot of our symptoms. I know that I have real bad Acid reflux and it makes me feel like I am having a panic attack as the symptoms are very similar, but I pop a Zantac or Pepcid and I feel better.

mkgirl01
06-17-2014, 02:06 PM
I had blood work and a sonogram it was all normal

Exactice
06-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Bingo! All normal...... Im going to continue to use this saying as its true! "Anxiety is the biggest Bluff" Its a lying sonnova !@#$%.

Doctor says you are normal and they have seen many people and are trained professionals to know the body.

Im pretty sure you are good to go and just being a little sensitive. Hang in there!

mkgirl01
06-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Would a hernia show up in an abdominal sonogram

petrified
06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
I've just been to my doctors for that exact reason today.
Mines like a burning pain in my breast bone and in my throat. My doctor thought it could be set on by my anxiety. I've been prescribed meds to help control the acid and been told to cut all the bad stuff out my diet.

Hannah

mkgirl01
06-17-2014, 04:08 PM
So would it show In a sonogram

JohnC
06-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi Mkgirl01, Hernia's are usually pretty easy for a doctor to see and i know of several people who have lived with hernias for years, two of them had multiple hernias. One of the guy's i knew had a hernia that stuck out so far it gave me an anxiety attack, lol.

Fourteen14
06-17-2014, 04:20 PM
So would it show In a sonogram

Yes, in the majority of cases they will show on ultrasound. :)

mkgirl01
06-17-2014, 04:26 PM
See I have like a pressure pain direct epigastric like right in the middle of my abdomin I had a sonogram and regular blood work and blood work for inflammation I afraid I have a hernia and it's gonna cut off blood supply and I'll die

Fourteen14
06-17-2014, 04:32 PM
See I have like a pressure pain direct epigastric like right in the middle of my abdomin I had a sonogram and regular blood work and blood work for inflammation I afraid I have a hernia and it's gonna cut off blood supply and I'll die

Abdominal pain and feelings of fullness and bloating is really common with IBS.

If all your tests are clear (as you mention they are).

You could speak to your GP about the possibility of taking a low dose prescription of Amitriptyline (provided you are not on any other medications).

It's not licensed for the particular use of controlling IBS, but it is prescribed here in the UK to control the spasms and help block the pain (10-20mg a day)

Hope you get some relief, needless to say, if you have had an ultrasound (sonagram) recently, then you can settle your mind about hernias. :)