PDA

View Full Version : New school doesnt understand my phobias?

EmetSoph
06-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Im supposed to be going to this new school for people who cant handle mainstream school so for people with anxiety and stuff etc. However they are saying that my emetophobia isnt a true phobia and that i shouldnt be worried about something so 'stupid' lol. This is one of my main phobias that ive struggled with for years and then a school that should understand have no idea! My old school was so understanding, they just understood straight away and helped me as much as they could but this school say 'oh it happens to everyone at some point' yeah thats true but i have a bad phobia of it, im not explaining why because it triggers me but seriously oh i cant be doing with it anymore.. All these different anxieties have ruined my life and i dont see a way out because people just dont understand... Any ideas, suggestions or support? LOL argh what a life!

Im-Suffering
06-16-2014, 04:58 AM
Im supposed to be going to this new school for people who cant handle mainstream school so for people with anxiety and stuff etc. However they are saying that my emetophobia isnt a true phobia and that i shouldnt be worried about something so 'stupid' lol. This is one of my main phobias that ive struggled with for years and then a school that should understand have no idea! My old school was so understanding, they just understood straight away and helped me as much as they could but this school say 'oh it happens to everyone at some point' yeah thats true but i have a bad phobia of it, im not explaining why because it triggers me but seriously oh i cant be doing with it anymore.. All these different anxieties have ruined my life and i dont see a way out because people just dont understand... Any ideas, suggestions or support? LOL argh what a life!

They are mirroring you, for you think it is stupid (you have been told in fact that you are stupid). Stop, for once and for all testing your feelings for validity. Instead, learn to honor them. If you knew/believed the world and its inhabitants were one big mirror, it would behoove you to watch your footing, and what you think about yourself. This goes for all of you reading this fine example of how thought/feeling manifest in the physical.

This is not open for debate, or rebuttal. Or flippant comments, i do know you are young. You are afraid to vomit, (uncontrolled an in public) because you are afraid of criticism, others were so critical of you. So now you carry your pocket mirror and keep vigilant, ever watchful of others reactions to you. They mirror your shame, that you feel, no exceptions.

The people who were so critical of you as a tot, were harder on themselves, they were fools. Playing a game (of life) that they hardly understood. But you believed them, the authority figures, and so the shame/guilt was made into flesh and blood.

Bring this to your therapist, to work on the fear of criticism.

No further comments needed, in this thread.

maddie-_-
06-16-2014, 05:28 AM
They are mirroring you, for you think it is stupid (you have been told in fact that you are stupid). Stop, for once and for all testing your feelings for validity. Instead, learn to honor them. If you knew/believed the world and its inhabitants were one big mirror, it would behoove you to watch your footing, and what you think about yourself. This goes for all of you reading this fine example of how thought/feeling manifest in the physical.

This is not open for debate, or rebuttal. Or flippant comments, i do know you are young. You are afraid to vomit, (uncontrolled an in public) because you are afraid of criticism, others were so critical of you. So now you carry your pocket mirror and keep vigilant, ever watchful of others reactions to you. They mirror your shame, that you feel, no exceptions.

The people who were so critical of you as a tot, were harder on themselves, they were fools.

No further comments needed.

..Did you just call her stupid?
And, v*ing in public is one thing, but as far as I am aware, its more just the v*ing. I for one am not too bothered who sees it as long as I am in a onfort zone. I think Soph is the same??!

Im-Suffering
06-16-2014, 05:44 AM
I will let someone else explain what i have said, to you (i know you are young as well, and can relate to the same issue at hand), now that the thread and helpfulness has been derailed. After I clearly said, "this is not open for debate, rebuttal, or flippant comments".

Here again, we have a great example of the mirror at work, dear readers.

maddie-_-
06-16-2014, 05:46 AM
I will let someone else explain what i have said, to you (i know you are young as well, and can relate to the issue at hand), now that the thread and helpfulness has been derailed. After I clearly said, "this is not open for debate, rebuttal, or flippant comments".

Here again, we have a great example of the mirror at work, dear readers.

You have st here 100% sure every word you say is god. I wouldnt take advice from you, you have been plain rude, Sorry.

EmetSoph
06-16-2014, 06:06 AM

The people who were so critical of you as a tot, were harder on themselves, they were fools. Playing a game (of life) that they hardly understood. But you believed them, the authority figures, and so the shame/guilt was made into flesh and blood.

Bring this to your therapist, to work on the fear of criticism.

No further comments needed, in this thread.

Its not a 'fear' of criticism its just that im sensitive to it and she knows that... And i swear if she saw what people have said to me on this forum she would go mad at firstly them and at me for being on here, i know she would hate me being on here as there are positives and negatives to a forum and i understand that.

Im-Suffering
06-16-2014, 06:12 AM
..Did you just call her stupid?
And, v*ing in public is one thing, but as far as I am aware, its more just the v*ing. I for one am not too bothered who sees it as long as I am in a onfort zone. I think Soph is the same??!

For you maddie, it is all-ways a social issue. A phobia on a deserted island would soon be conquered.

That is all for me in this thread. Unless Emet needs a response.

Im-Suffering
06-16-2014, 06:17 AM
Its not a 'fear' of criticism its just that im sensitive to it and she knows that... And i swear if she saw what people have said to me on this forum she would go mad at firstly them and at me for being on here, i know she would hate me being on here as there are positives and negatives to a forum and i understand that.

I understand, yes, it does leave you vulnerable, to a point. Yet it is good practice for you as well, you see. Now, the fear creates the sensitivity, period. It would be beneficial to show her this thread, then you can work on the issues with real world experience as an example. Do not mistake her for someone who is to protect or coddle (shelter you) that would be of no benefit.

EmetSoph
06-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Wow, seriously, that is just rude... Why cant you just be a little less cold-hearted and yeah i know you know we are both young (doesnt mean we are not mature) you should have a different way of speaking to us as teenagers are sensitive... You cant just go and say stuff like you know us because we are obviously going to get upset over it. After last time, i thought id give this forum one last chance, i shouldnt have.

Im-Suffering
06-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Wow, seriously, that is just rude... Why cant you just be a little less cold-hearted and yeah i know you know we are both young (doesnt mean we are not mature) you should have a different way of speaking to us as teenagers are sensitive... You cant just go and say stuff like you know us because we are obviously going to get upset over it. After last time, i thought id give this forum one last chance, i shouldnt have.

For all future readers our two young friends have given you a fine example of the mirror, and belief based interpretation of events and experiences. Where constructive advice is given, it could not be accepted, and swiftly turned against. So it is not just your thoughts and feelings are mirrored, but what you see back at you when you look is filtered, sorted and appropriately placed in the file cabinet to be referenced at some later date.

Now, that is truly all from me in this thread.

maddie-_-
06-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Wow..Yep I realise im way too sensitive to be on these forums :/ bye..aha

EmetSoph
06-16-2014, 06:42 AM
Forget it!

sean17
06-16-2014, 10:44 AM
i love you all

Ritch
06-16-2014, 11:40 AM
For all future readers our two young friends have given you a fine example of the mirror, and belief based interpretation of events and experiences. Where constructive advice is given, it could not be accepted, and swiftly turned against. So it is not just your thoughts and feelings are mirrored, but what you see back at you when you look is filtered, sorted and appropriately placed in the file cabinet to be referenced at some later date.

Now, that is truly all from me in this thread.

There is also more than one way to communicate a point. There is also a difference between giving advice and telling someone what to do. I don't think that the problem is that constructive advice cannot be accepted, but perhaps the manner in which you give advice cannot be accepted.

Pumpkin
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
This is pretty pathetic in my opinion. I don't understand why Im-Suffering would continue to post on a forum post "it" clearly isn't wanted on. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl but whoever it is should watch how they talk to younger people instead of trying to make a fool out of them.