PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety & depression drive you to insanity?

kotoba
06-15-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm only 17 but have been thinking a lot of depressing worrying thoughts such as "If I killed myself now what would it be like" and thoughts like "I want to make it all end" .. And I'm thinking these thoughts and feeling very numb minded and very uncontrollable and It's like

... I've just realised I genuinely have a mental disability... it's not healthy whatsoever to think like I am doing.. This is horrible.. I'm borderline Insane!!

How is this happening? Only 7 weeks ago I didn't know what anxiety or depression was and I lived my life for 17 years very comfortably... Now.. Now I'm a mess... What is happening.. Is this my life now? Am I going to be like this forever? I feel like I'm not suffering any disorder anymore and this is just me? this is my mental state now... It's fucking terrifying!.. I've got a therapy session in 8 days... Let's hope this is curable ... I want my old life back..

JohnC
06-15-2014, 08:42 AM
I do not think that you are border line insane. EVERYBODY at one time or another has thought about what it would be like to kill themself or die suddenly ( well most acording to statistics). You are young and going through a lot of change in your life i am sure. It will get better for you but it all takes time. It is dam scary thats for sure.
Are you able or are you talking to anybody beside this forum about the way that you are feeling?
Do not hesitate to ask questions, ok.

Anne1221
06-15-2014, 10:52 AM
I am so, so glad you have a therapy session in 8 days! That is great..you need some help getting back to the old you. You might need some medication and therapy (see what the therapist recommends) but you can definitely get better!