PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep :(

snowberry
06-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Can't sleep as plagued with anxiety dreams - even just by closing my eyes I feel anxious and depressed. Right now muscles in lower arms feel very weak, plus I've been sweating all night. It's horrible, I've not had a single symptom for weeks. Gotta love menstrual-related anxiety.

Honestly, it's like the anxiety is having me at this point. I'm ready to move on. I wish my hormones felt the same. Anyone else up tonight?

willheal
06-15-2014, 02:15 AM
I'm up too and it's 4am right now. How long does your sleep cycle take to fix? It takes me a week or two because it solidifies in night-owl mode and it's hard to get out of that rut.

snowberry
06-15-2014, 02:44 AM
It takes a while. I've been aiming to get in bed by midnight, but I'm still climbing in at about one am. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

I tried to get a bit more sleep as I work Sundays. Got up again now and just feel really weak and shaky. Hoping it will pass the longer I am up.

Exactice
06-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Im in the same boat right now, not sleeping well. But working through it. My biggest thing is reminding myself that I have slept well before and even if I dont get a good night sleep, if I can even fall asleep for atleast an hour its better than worrying about not sleeping at all. Eventually I fall asleep.

One of my greatest techniques I use to fall asleep is to play a game in my head. I usually play a round of golf from first tee, to what ever tee I end up falling asleep. LOL usually by the 4th hole I dont remember after that as I fall asleep.

Its a good distraction to keep the panic an anxiety away!

Good luck! and hang in there.

Mairi
06-16-2014, 04:13 PM
I can never sleep either because of my symptoms. It's so frustrating. Like you, I always have nightmares when I do sleep. Like Exactice said, hang in there.

willheal
06-17-2014, 04:13 AM
That's the biggest problem for me too. When I'm trying to go to sleep and I jerk awake 10 times in a row. Or if I try to lay down and my shoulders are so tense that it's painful. Once I can finally get to sleep for more than 15 minutes I'm usually set for the night--or day, depending on how bad it gets.