PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo!

Joe.
06-14-2014, 12:34 PM
I was going to ask this google, but that would not help me haha!

What aggravates Vertigo?
I've noticed recently that a long car journey seems to aggravate it, so is this linked to vertigo or?

Just some hypochondriac questions......XD

rusticnrg
06-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Anytype of sudden movement and definitely a long car ride! In a car your moving but your body is not physically moving so your inner ear gets confused causing your equilibrium to be off. Even loud sounds get to me at times. Its all good my friend. Its just your inner ear.

Joe.
06-15-2014, 07:03 AM
Thanks! That's reassuring! Makes perfect sense. I seem to always think It's a brain tumour, but doctors have told me it's probably not and to get more of a description and explanation rather than a diagnosis is so reassuring.
Anytype of sudden movement and definitely a long car ride! In a car your moving but your body is not physically moving so your inner ear gets confused causing your equilibrium to be off. Even loud sounds get to me at times. Its all good my friend. Its just your inner ear.

Dahila
06-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Joe I am suffering with vertigo for probably ten years and there is not help for me. I can not turn my head up and sideways, I must be careful when I look up. It is manageable and finally one learn how to live with it. Being very high causes it too for me. Can not look down from 9 floor balcony:(

Joe.
06-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Joe I am suffering with vertigo for probably ten years and there is not help for me. I can not turn my head up and sideways, I must be careful when I look up. It is manageable and finally one learn how to live with it. Being very high causes it too for me. Can not look down from 9 floor balcony:(
How your doing well with it! How do you cope traveling with it? What are the causes of it in your case?

Dahila
06-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Luckily I do not have it when I am traveling but is is slight when I am not driving but being a passenger. I focus on solid objects , I try not to look at the lines on the road. They said that something is floating in my inner ear and they can not do anything. Now it is nothing when I compare it to the time when it started;))

rusticnrg
06-15-2014, 02:40 PM
I take meclizine (sp) and it helps loads. You can buy it over the counter. Its the main ingredients in motion sickness pills

Joe.
06-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I take meclizine (sp) and it helps loads. You can buy it over the counter. Its the main ingredients in motion sickness pills
I'll look into it! Weirdly I've never thought of taking tablets for it. Any side affects by the way?

rusticnrg
06-15-2014, 02:52 PM
I'll look into it! Weirdly I've never thought of taking tablets for it. Any side affects by the way?

A little sleepy after you take them but not too bad. I was sent to the hospital once for my vertigo and they gave me a RX for it and thats when I started taking it

Joe.
06-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Ok, thanks. I'll have a look.
A little sleepy after you take them but not too bad. I was sent to the hospital once for my vertigo and they gave me a RX for it and thats when I started taking it

Dahila
06-15-2014, 07:08 PM
I am allergic to so much of the pills , I can not risk another allergy, but it helps :)

Exactice
06-16-2014, 02:23 PM
+1 on the Meclazine, I was given it as I thought I had Vertigo too.... Turns out it was a cause of Anxiety not really Vertigo. But when I do have dizzy spells I do reach for the Meclazine and it does help!

Dahila
06-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Dizzynes is often caused by hormonal imbalance..........

Joe.
06-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Especially at my age and anxiety levels hormones can be high so that could affect it maybe. At times though it's much more than dizziness. :)
Dizzynes is often caused by hormonal imbalance..........