PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks.....

Joe.
06-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Just had a few energy drinks and with my anxiety that was a bad idea! Really bad idea. My panic attack just then was very 'different' and that worried me.
Don't have them if you have anxiety......

Pumpkin
06-10-2014, 03:29 PM
They have a LOT of caffeine and sugar in them. I drink sugar free redbull at work sometimes.. I don't really get any anxiety from them but i'm sure i'd get the shakes and start freaking out if I had a big regular one. The amount of sugar/caffeine in those things is crazy!! You have to drink them cautiously.

Joe.
06-10-2014, 03:41 PM
It's not that I get mental anxiety from them, it's heart beat and other stuff are times 100 whoa. Sorry if I dont make sense still havig the anxiety attack

Ritch
06-10-2014, 06:29 PM
I think that stimulants in general are a bad idea for anyone with anxiety, yet as I say this I am drinking coffee :)

Exactice
06-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Yups those energy drinks are powerful! I have really backed off from thinngs with a lot of sugars as they are triggers similar to panic attacks! The increased heart beat, the shakes etc...... So I would say if you are in good control of your anxiety/panic then you know how to deal with the differences, but if you are not there yet, I would take it a little easy on the caffeine / sugars