PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Remeron?

Shakey
05-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Has anyone tried Remeron with success for anxiety or panic disorders?

trackstar
06-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I was on it and it worked pretty well but I hated it. I gained a bunch of weight and had to sleep about 13 hours a night on it. I have since quit meds and joined a cbt group which I just finished after just 16-weeks and feel better than ever.

Matt_H
08-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep. I've been on Remeron (Mirtazapine). I, too, gained weight and it KNOCKED me out.

At the time I was too thin and was an insomniac, so it worked out. But man. My appetite was insane. So insane that I binged one night. Ate so much ended up puking..

trackstar
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Yep. I've been on Remeron (Mirtazapine). I, too, gained weight and it KNOCKED me out.

At the time I was too thin and was an insomniac, so it worked out. But man. My appetite was insane. So insane that I binged one night. Ate so much ended up puking..

I never puked but wish I would have a few times I ate so much :tongue:

Robbed
08-30-2008, 04:10 AM

Then again, it seem like even if you are an insomniac and can't eat much, these drugs just go to TOO much of an extreme. Being able to sleep is nice. But not when you feel like sleeping 24/7. And having munchies that would put the finest reefer to shame can't be good, either.

Matt_H
08-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Then again, it seem like even if you are an insomniac and can't eat much, these drugs just go to TOO much of an extreme. Being able to sleep is nice. But not when you feel like sleeping 24/7. And having munchies that would put the finest reefer to shame can't be good, either.

Trust me, I took myself off it very shortly.

porcia
10-31-2008, 04:35 AM
I am currently tapering of from mirtazapine and all i can say in my case i wish to god i had never started them.
The first week i had to take 15mg a night,then on week two i had to increase to 30mg at night.
The problem,s started on week 3 when i was and still am having ache,s in my arm,s and legs,i have gained 2 stone in weight and i keep on having a numbness in my arm along with tingling in my hand.
The only good thing that has come out of it is that they send me to sleep.
But if i am to go onto another medication the mirtazapine has to be completely out of my system before another one can be introduced.
But everyone is not the same and there are people who have taken mirtazapine with no problems.