PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me out??

SunnyD
05-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I am a 30 year old mother of two. My husband and children are very understanding of my problem.(my kids more so than my husband) He tends to think that there is a switch in my brain that will allow me to travel, and all that I have to do is flip it.I haven't left town for quite a long time. I started having anxiety attacks when I was 13 yrs. old. The most troublesome issue that I have to face, is the fact that I am stuck in small town Texas, and if anyone has ever been thru Texas, you know what I mean. There is little to do, and even less to see. Sometimes, I just have to get home. I feel as though I can't breathe, and I have to go into my room---ALONE---and sit in front of my fan until I can calm down. At times it goes away, quickly. Other times it will last for hours. I can't figure out what triggers these attacks, or I might be able to fix them. There are no therapists in my small town, and the nearest place that I may get some help is MILES away. Medical doctors only treat the symptoms, not the disease. I hope to find the help I need in here!!! :oops:

SunnyD
05-25-2008, 07:42 PM
going to check out cbt's online......
thanx other members going thru what i am going thru's helpful, but I feel for all of them...what a LIFE

trackstar
06-02-2008, 10:35 AM
You can do cbt on your own and it works really fast. I just finished my group and it taught me skills to help me manage my anxiety and panic and it only took 16-weeks. We used the cbt book by author sam obitz in my group which is an easy intro to cbt.