PDA

View Full Version : Death

Kellie
06-08-2014, 10:30 PM
I have anxiety and depression, Right now I just found out that my best friends Grandma passed away who I was also reasonably close with, she called me her extra grandchild.
I am really sad but I can still laugh at something, I can't cry and I feel guilty. It makes me so sad but i don't know how to feel..

Also All I can think about is the funeral and I don't know if I can do it, I honestly don't think I can.. Am I a bad person?

Anne1221
06-09-2014, 08:58 AM
No, do not feel bad at all if you cannot make the funeral! I once missed one and my psychiatrist told me not to worry and he understood why I was having a hard time with it.

Pumpkin
06-09-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm sorry about your friends grandmother!! It's okay not to cry.. sometimes not showing emotions is our body's way of mourning.

Along with that, if you can't make the funeral i'm sure your friend will understand, along with her grandmother. A lot of people simply can't be around funerals & death. If it's going to save yourself anxiety or a panic attack then it's totally okay to miss it.. I wouldn't worry too much. Just remember, you aren't a bad person!