PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to reduce nausea from anxiety?

savingkie
06-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi!
Tomorrow, I have this really fun concert to go to with some of my friends. It's at a baseball stadium (12.5k people are going to be there!) about 45 minutes from my house. I have emetephobia and OCD, and I have had it since a very young age, but it's been worse lately. Anyways, since I've been having a lot of anticipatory anxiety about the concert since Thursday, I've been nauseous (where it feels like I need to gag, not necessarily that my stomach feels odd- it's just that horrible anxiety feeling, if anyone knows what I mean) and my body just kind of feels weird, like I feel kind of weak/sick overall and I've had these weird slight headaches for the past 2 days. This always seems to happen before big events, but I'm really nervous that I have the stomach flu, even though I have yet to have a fever or throw up. My parents won't be driving my friends and I, which makes me even more anxious.

How can I get rid of this feeling and calm down before tomorrow? :( The feeling of nausea I get is absoluely horrible, it feels like I'm so close to gagging/throwing up and I can almost picture it happening tomorrow at and before the concert, it's torturous! I've tried talking myself out of it, chewing gum, eating saltines, pepto-bismol
(I've taken three today and I still feel a bit crappy overall), Advil- everything!

Anne1221
06-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Try to do some breathing exercises, stretching exercises and just relax. But what always happens to me is I get so nervous before hand but once i"m there and enjoying the event and talking to others, i forget how i feel and enjoy it. So focus on the fun you'll have and try to relax for now.

Dahila
06-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Guys; years ago someone told me to smell something nice the best if perfume, which is really easy when you have it on your wrist. I had the feeling of nausea for years and it was the only thing that worked;) I know it sounds unbelievable, but it works for me and my children

Im-Suffering
06-07-2014, 06:01 AM
Guys; years ago someone told me to smell something nice the best if perfume, which is really easy when you have it on your wrist. I had the feeling of nausea for years and it was the only thing that worked;) I know it sounds unbelievable, but it works for me and my children

This is true, it also reduces panic (whatever you find pleasing/comforting). Scented candles, vanilla too. Physically speaking, sip ginger ale, and/or antacids (chewables).

Have fun !