PDA

View Full Version : Extreme fear of going to the doctors

Joe.
06-06-2014, 04:25 PM
I often put off going to the doctors, even though I'm a hypochondriac, because when I used to go I would experience vicious panic attacks while there.
Does anyone else have this fear?
It really does not mix well with hypochondria, I on one hand am desperate to go but then I know/or think I will break down into a panic attack while there.

nikki_marie21
06-06-2014, 10:37 PM
I use to have this fear! I was more terrified of being diagnosed with something that wasn't curable.... I held off on physicals and tests and tended to go to the hospital and docs I didn't know .. Got so out of hand one day and got tired of feeling horrible that I walked in to my docs office and broke down in tears talking to her .. Once I got over that leap I felt like I giant weight was lifted off of me!! The one place you could most certainly feel safe knowing your having a panic attack is with your doc! He or she could see exactly what is going on and how far the issue actually is effecting you.. That's what they are there for ,, to keep you physically and mentally healthy .. And if they can't provide all the answers they can at least refer you to someone else