PDA

View Full Version : does this happen to anyone else

stlbigboi1
06-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I used to eat cereal and sweets and as of a few months ago I can't eat anything with sugar cause I feel like it's going to kill me I know how stupid I sound but when ever I try my chest tightens up and I start breathing heavy then start getting dizzy has or does this happen to anyone else?

Exactice
06-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Actually, Something similar. I have this with sugar and coffee now. I have bad acid reflux and the feelings are similar to a panic attack. Chest tightening, hard to breath etc. So I cut back on my Coffee and anything acidic. The funny part is, if I drink coffee or eat something super sweet. I get the sugar rush/caffeine rush that feels like I am having a panic attack.

So it does scare me once in a while but I just remind myself I used to drink this stuff/eat this stuff all the time, it never hurt me. Eventually it dissipates but it is a pain in the butt.

Pumpkin
06-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Definitely could be acid reflux.. my mom and one of my friend gets it as well. When it comes down to it though, sugar will not kill you. I think we scare ourselves when we read stuff online about having to always eat healthy and sugar being the devil but really, it is absolutely fine in moderation. You can eat sugar as long as you aren't overdoing it. If you remember to eat your fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and exercise then you're living a very healthy lifestyle already. Your occasional sugar and sweets will not kill you :)