PDA

View Full Version : loyalty

elicia01
06-02-2014, 06:55 AM
When in a relationship, who should you care about more? Your partner, or your really close friends?

lydeenlydoo
08-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Before I say anything, I must advise you to take my advice with a pinch of salt. I have ruined a friendship before by doing what I thought was right.
Is this a vague musing or applicable to a situation you're in? If its contextual, and you haven't contextualised it in the question, then I assume you're either confused about how to word it, or you do not wish to share the details???
Put yourself first, is the primary advice I have.
After that, everything gets terribly murky. The general advice I could give to you here is do whatever the f**k you want, as long as you're not hurting anyone.
You may realise from my response that I wish to help but have no idea how. :)

elicia01
08-20-2014, 05:43 AM
Before I say anything, I must advise you to take my advice with a pinch of salt. I have ruined a friendship before by doing what I thought was right.
Is this a vague musing or applicable to a situation you're in? If its contextual, and you haven't contextualised it in the question, then I assume you're either confused about how to word it, or you do not wish to share the details???
Put yourself first, is the primary advice I have.
After that, everything gets terribly murky. The general advice I could give to you here is do whatever the f**k you want, as long as you're not hurting anyone.
You may realise from my response that I wish to help but have no idea how. :)

It's actually my boyfriend that always puts his friends first.. About a year ago, a friend of his and I had a disagreement. His friend screamed in my face, calling me a selfish bitch etc. I was so upset, and I still get anxious when I think about it. My boyfriend and I had so many fights about this issue. The one thing that hurts me the most is that he didn't stick up for me. I'm seriously starting to think that we'll never get over this issue. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Anne1221
08-28-2014, 11:18 AM
I think you should ask your boyfriend directly why he seems to be taking the side of his friend over you. See if he has a legitimate reason...like in the particular instance, he felt the friend was in the right. If his friend is screaming in your face and calling you a bitch and your boyfriend is okay with that...well, is that the way you want to be treated? Just food for thought.

happylife
09-23-2014, 05:33 PM
That's a tough one but they are all really important and life is too short to choose one group over another. :)